Advertising to attract walkers + cyclists

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
julesb

Advertising to attract walkers + cyclists

Post by julesb »

Hi everyone

Has anyone got any good places to advertise to attract walkers and cyclists? We are putting together packages for both these groups, offering drop off + pick ups, food if required, help with route planning etc. We want to try to target these groups to fill early Spring + Autumn weeks as this area is ideal for walking + cycling.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks Jules
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Julesb, I thought you were my hubby for a minute, but I now know you aren't. I have a similar idea for my place , but a more DIY approach, for walkers, cyclists and kayaking. OUr apartment is in a mountainous area, close to many of the passes used in the Tour de France. The river nearby is one of the 'meccas' for whitewater kayaking.
julesb

Post by julesb »

Hi Helen

So have you had any thoughts about advertising ? - I've been searching for forums etc but not really come up with anything. I have thought about walking/cycling magazines but ads are quite costly. I'm thinking about trying google adwords but am a bit scared about running up big costs.

Any thoughts?
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

The English tourist Board does a "Cyclist/Walkers Welcome Scheme" and features properties which provided facilities and secure cycle storage. Maybe the French/local tourist board does the same? (I work for a cycling charity in the UK)

I know when we were in Calais/Le Touquet the Tourist Info had a selection of walking/cycling maps, sustainable transport is the thing so you never know if they have a scheme!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I'v used Adwords a couple of times this winter, but I chickened out before the costs got too high. I haven't found any decent forums to post on either. the OH is away at the weekend, so I will be doing some serious searching, and will post back here if I get any where.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Haven't had a good look thru as I'm at work but see if there's anything on here or the links. http://www.ecf.com/