A reprieve for YourHolidayMatters

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
e-richard

A reprieve for YourHolidayMatters

Post by e-richard »

Following the recent announcement about the demise of YourHolidayMatters, I'm pleased to announce that at the 13th hour, a suitable new owner has been found to take over the running and promotion of YHM.

The original company YourHolidayMatters Ltd. has been formally wound up and thanks to the generosity of the majority of the shareholders who declined their final dividend, we were thrilled to send a generous cheque to Homes with Heart

From August 2012 the brand Your Holiday Matters and the website will be owned and run by apartfromtherest Ltd.

Matt Riddell-Steele (Managing Director, apartfromtherest) says
"We want to pass special thanks to everyone who has inputted their precious time in creating the fantastic 'Your Holiday Matters'. We are delighted to be able to take the baton.

Your Holiday Matters was an early inspiration to us and we passionately believe in its ethos, which has been integral to our success. To now be able to further champion it across the industry is a rewarding privilege.

There is a lot of work, changes and further investment to be made in all areas of our business; this takes time so we please ask for your patience while this happens."

apartfromtherest are in the process of transferring the existing website to their server, and they will be making further announcements in due course.

Speaking on behalf of all of those who have put a lot of effort into building YourHolidayMatters, I am thrilled that all will not be lost. We wish apartfromtherest every success and, as an owner who cares, I look forward to seeing YHM re-emerge.

[edit for spelling]
Last edited by e-richard on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Well that's brilliant news Richard! :D
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Fantastic !! :lol:
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

I am so glad that it will continue - it seemed such a shame for a great idea and lots of hard work to just stop - thank you so much to everyone involved, past and present, for your hard work and tenacity.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Great news!
pambon

Post by pambon »

Well done everyone!
enid

Post by enid »

That's very good news - I look forward to watching it evolve
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

I'm so pleased a way has been found for it - the concept and ideals - to continue.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Really pleased to hear about this and hope to be able to advertise with the new company soon...
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Fantastic news and thanks and congratulations to all who have put in so much work.

Looking forward to hearing the lates from Apartfromtherest
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

pepsipuss wrote:Fantastic news and thanks and congratulations to all who have put in so much work.
That includes a number of Hatters who have posted on this thread already, and without whom YHM would not have lasted this long - nor indeed got to the point where it might conceivably be taken over, invested in and and developed further.

It is wonderful that YHM is being given a second chance like this, and also therefore, I'd like to thank Apart From The Rest hugely for being brave enough to take it on.

My best wishes for a great outcome!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

GG, hear hear :D
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:D It's wonderful to think that our combined efforts may not have gone to waste isn't it.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
gh

Post by gh »

Giddy Goat wrote::D It's wonderful to think that our combined efforts may not have gone to waste isn't it.
+1 :D
Seraphina

Post by Seraphina »

Wonderful news! Looking forward to hearing from the new site.