Suggestions for taking a good photo

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
reddevil

Suggestions for taking a good photo

Post by reddevil »

Our villa is north facing (I think)!

Anyway, the front view is in the shade all day and we are finding it difficult to get a nice sunny photo to put on the front page of our website. It is not possible to take a photo of the back.

Can anyone please suggest how we can get a decent photo to attract potential guests :?
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
mvus

Post by mvus »

Put the camera on tripod. Take the photo when the sun is to the side or preferably behind. Note down the shutter speed and aperture setting on auto and take photo. Then with great care not to move the camera use shutter or aperture priority to take one or two stops down and one or 2 up.
On the computer, drag photos on top of the auto picture (background image) and use a quick mask on each layer to remove the over exposed and under exposed layer areas.
If the extremes are not severe you can use shadow and highlight option if you have Photoshop CS

You can also do a google search for "photoshop painting with light" on google for more detail
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

pja,

thank you very much for your detailed reply - i guess this is something you have already practised :)

i am off to the tripod shop and then to do lots of research in photoshop.

i can just see my sunny photos - phew, am i glad i didn;t pay an extra £40,000 for the south facing villa :D

cheers
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »

even better if you can - take several shots on a tripod in a 360 degree circle and produce a panorama. There are several free panorama 'stichers' available online...do a google searhc for free panorama makers.

You can achieve some lovely effects that really show off landscape if you want to.

D