rental listing sites for Croatia

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
erich

rental listing sites for Croatia

Post by erich »

Just registered 5 minutes ago. A newbie to this excellent site. I'm Canadian born (German Dad / Finnish Mother) 1987 London England resident. Bit nationalistically mixed up. In 2005 I "did a Victor Kiam" (of Remington Microscreen shaver fame). I liked Croatia so much I bought the country...actually just 8 properties. What an adventure that was in terms of everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

Anyhow, 18 months later it looks like my 8 properties will be ready to rent. Apologies for the long winded summary.
I note that your previous conversations have been somewhat more focused on the long established France & Spanish markets.

Now the key question. Can anyone suggest a good holiday rental listing web site for Croatia ?
Erich
www.croatia4rent.com
Life & Motorbiking are similair...you never know what exciting adventure is the corner.
janskov

Post by janskov »

Hello Erich

Welcome to Croatia. A truly challenging place to run a holiday rental business.
I am from Denmark (don’t mention the drawings please:) and have Croatian connections but still find it very troublesome to operate in a sensible way.
I have been at it for three years now and can tell you that there is no single website that will help you. There are too many apartments and too little organisation. Even if this year seems to be a little better than last year, there are still too few guests to really make rental profitable.
I will post some of the websites later. At the moment I am “on the road� doing my job and will not be back until Sunday.
Anyway you seem to be having a good website already and I suggest you put energy into that initially. I am getting most of the bookings through my website – and it has been tough to get it recognised well in the search engines.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, erich Image

The first way to measure good listing site is to see how regularly it appears in the first 10 results on relevant Google searches. See here for details:
How to find the best listing sites
Paolo
Lay My Hat
janskov

Post by janskov »

There is no single great site for Croatia.
I am most successful with Holiday rental (expensive – mostly British). Homelidays (reasonable – mostly Italian and French). Owners direct (UK and Ireland)
Gastgeber net (will give you a link – Germans)

I will send you a mail with URL of other sites that has given me a few bookings.

Good luck