Signature on PDF booking form - how?

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
KathyG

Signature on PDF booking form - how?

Post by KathyG »

I'm trying to sort out my booking form so that it can be filled in online, but what do others do about a signature? Do you get them to click something that suffices?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Anyone? :(
Kathy
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I don't ask for signatures, but I it is possible to insert a scanned signature image on a wod document, then save it as a .pdf. I have one on my French contrat de location.
I didn't think you could access a .pdf form to complete it without expensive software, which is why I send out a word document to be filled in.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Well I'm hoping that it'll work! I can make a PDF form fillable-in online and I don't think anyone will need anything special to fill it in.....works when I send it to OH's laptop but then he's also got full Adobe package so it might be that......could I email it to you so you can try?
Kathy
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I don't ask for a signature. My booking form's on my website and in order to send it they have to click on a button that says "I confirm that I have read and accept Maison Grillou's terms and conditions. I'm all set to book!" (or French equivalent on French site). The form won't send unless they click on the 'yes' button.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi, yes of course, I don't use Adobe, but Foxit which is free and takes up a lot less space on my laptop. I haven't looked at .pdfs for a long time so maybe thingss have changed!
Martha

Post by Martha »

I use the same as French Cricket. Mine's here if you want a look
http://www.chaletlaforet.com/booking/booking-form
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Martha, I love the last box your guests have to tick! Would you mind if I copied it?
Martha

Post by Martha »

Not at all :) I copied most of mine, including that, by kind permission of (i think?) e-richard :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Brilliant. Thank you (both/all!) :lol: :lol:
NeatandPicky

Signed pdfs

Post by NeatandPicky »

Our (single A4) booking form / terms and conditions is in pdf format and we ask for it to be signed and returned. Some send by post, but most now scan and email. Several guests have taken it to work to do this. Once we had a late booker who took a photo on their phone and texted it. This was perfectly legible.

It would be nice for guests to be able to add signatures to form-fillable pdfs, but think this depends on them having the right software and skills.

We store all rental docs in Dropbox so that they are easy to refer to wherever we are, so forms that arrive by post are scanned and saved as pdfs on receipt.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Martha wrote:I use the same as French Cricket. Mine's here if you want a look
http://www.chaletlaforet.com/booking/booking-form
Wow! What a fabulous chalet Martha! And equally fabulous website! Every time I see your site I'm depressed at how simple mine is, 100 pages! I think I have about 10. :roll: Must put more effort into it!
Kathy