One of those enquiries!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
harcourtv57

One of those enquiries!

Post by harcourtv57 »

Enquiry late last night (after 11 pm).

Is your apartment free this weekend? i.e. tomorrow ! Its not and they only want 2 nights when min clearly stated as 3

But worst of all - for 7 guests - four adults and 3 children - err 2 bedroom apartment that sleeps four
:roll:

Another case of enquirers assuming that children don't count towards occupancy?
Jenny C

Post by Jenny C »

Yes, we had one of those the other day too. Enquirer was interested in booking for next week - for a family of four. Our cottage sleeps two, and it is clearly stated on the websites and the various sites we advertise on that we can only accept a baby under 6 months. I can't understand how someone wishing to spend a few hundred pounds on a holiday would fail to look at the property website and read all of the details, to see if the place had enough bedrooms for them, before trying to book!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

It's the silly season. Our barn sleeps 2 (plus dog), but we're getting lots of over-occupancy enquiries. Had one last week for 4 adults and 7 children :shock:

But they're nearly all from Barcelona :lol:
Essar

Post by Essar »

harcourtv57 - was the enquirer from Leicester by chance. I had one at 4:15am today via my own website identical to yours.
Me thinks a scammer in the making!
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Last week in Saturday's Guardian Tim Dowling boasted of how he'd rented a cottage to sleep 8 even though there were ten of them. He was quite happy to say this was to save money. Articles like this don't help.

TC
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

One wonders where they slept.

I agree - articles in the press like this only go to legitimise actions people may have thought cheeky.

Usually when over occupancy occurs I get questions first to alert me, rather than them come straight out with it. So I get asked is there a sofa bed or could another bed be put in to a bedroom. I have never had anyone who has asked about over-occupancy offer to pay for the extra person...and in 2 cases they even asked for a discount :shock:
Unbelievable behaviour to me.

To make things worse, in this respect, here I noticed that a company is now advertising (quality) tents. Their intro runs along the lines of 'not enough bedrooms', 'villa to small for your party' type of thing.
I had visions of owners arriving to check out guests only to find their garden looking like a music festival :roll:

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I'd like to see them try to pitch a tent on our terrace.
TC
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

ast week in Saturday's Guardian Tim Dowling boasted of how he'd rented a cottage to sleep 8 even though there were ten of them.
Yes, I saw that and was incensed :evil:
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Windy

Post by Windy »

Perhaps somebody should write in asking if the Guardian will now reduce it's cover price by 20% for those letting s/c properties??
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Windy wrote:Perhaps somebody should write in asking if the Guardian will now reduce it's cover price by 20% for those letting s/c properties??
Go into WHS, pick up a copy of the Grauniad, pull out the pages that are of no interest to you, offer to pay pro-rata for the rest, pointing out that The Sun is cheaper. Return later with pages, angrily demanding a refund because of the number of typos which ruined your reading experience. Threaten to write a bad review and send it to The Independent.
Marks

Post by Marks »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
salmoncottage

Post by salmoncottage »

Then, after Mr Dowling struggles to his feet with tears in his eyes from GB's brogue in the personal section, ask him "did you enjoy your stay Sir?"...... :shock:
'Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside'
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I hope he goes in for ego-surfing. We may find ourselves in next week's Guardian.

TC
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

salmoncottage wrote: with tears in his eyes from GB's brogue in the personal section
I take it we're not talking about dialects here........ :lol: :lol:

I don't have any brogues, but I do have some shoes with steel toecaps...... (bought just after I dropped a very heavy fire door on my foot, once I could manage to hobble into the shop.....:oops: )
Essar

Post by Essar »

Enquiry via my own website today:-

"Hello, solo traveller wanting 2-bedroom apartment from 7th April for 7-nights, budget of £280, how do I book?"

My response:-
"Sorry, to say that £280 is only half our normal rate for this 4-star property at this time. Could you please explain why a solo traveller would require 2-bedrooms?"

Normally, I just respond that it's unavailable for this price, but I couldn't resist asking about the bedrooms - maybe she thinks that stating that she is a solo traveller she will get it cheaper, then sneak in the kids!
I don't expect a response.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"