Starting on a positive note..

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Sue Dyer

Starting on a positive note..

Post by Sue Dyer »

My first guest book entry of the season:

Just say thank you once again. We thought your cottage was beautiful and the area it's in absolutely spectacular, even though we didn't see it in the best of weather. We have our holidays booked for the rest of this year but are already thinking of renting it in June 2007.

Hope the season starts in such a positive way for everyone else. :lol: Sue
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Makes it worthwhile when you get comments like this.

John
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Excellent, Sue. As you say a good start to the season. Maybe we should all post our feedback for this week. Mine is
"Please pass on our thanks to Melanie for her welcome and assistance, all the contact arrangements went very smoothly.
Myself and my brother were very impressed with your apartment (especially the view through the patio doors ) I think you have made a very shrewd choice, and we will of course consider rebooking in the future."
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Good idea Helen.

Any other great comments anyone is proud of and would like to share? After a shaky start with renovations lasting twice as long as intended and the brand new boiler needing totally replaced after 2 weeks I'm determined to be positive and great feedback makes it all worthwhile.
kteee

Post by kteee »

I got this e-mail from clients who left on Sunday - and they didn't even have very good weather!

Just a note to Thankyou for all you done for us to make our stay in portugal wonderful, we had a wonderful time, so much did not want to return to england, The apartment was more than we expected all very clean and tidy, please would you let us know if the apartment is available October 15th as we would like to return if possible for another weeks stay and how much would it be,
Thankyou again for everything
enid

Post by enid »

What a great start for you guys - our first guests Saturday so fingers crossed.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Yes, our season kicks off now too - first guests in mid April; I so want them to have a great time... it's always so nerve racking wondering if they'll like everything, although I always worry about things I have no control over... like the weather spoiling things... how daft is that....
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

My first ones of the season arrive next week,I've got the guest book here in the Uk though as I was toying with the idea of putting the comments on my website.I still can't decide whether too or not though.They are all fabulous but anyone could make them up. The consequence being that my guest book is here and my first guests arrive next week,oh well,I hope to get back over with it before the 2nd lot arrive :wink:
Stu

Post by Stu »

"We have had a wonderful stay here at Le Chant d'Oiseau. Stu, Syb & family have made us very welcome with their warmth, friendship advice and help. We have absolutely no reservations in saying that we shall return!!!"

We had that this week, and return they did. Two days later! They'd booked into another gite south of here and returned after two days complaining that it was cold, unfriendly owners etc.

It costs nothing at all to be nice & friendly. It costs nothing but time to light the woodburner for their return back to the gite. Why doesn't everyone see it this way?

Good on you Sue, and the rest! Great thread to lift the spirits. Especially when the season's kicked off with iffy weather, and a long-running renovation saga! We WILL have bedrooms of our own soon!

We're kipping in the lounge again this weekend as we have guests!
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Fraise wrote:My first ones of the season arrive next week,I've got the guest book here in the Uk though as I was toying with the idea of putting the comments on my website.I still can't decide whether too or not though.They are all fabulous but anyone could make them up. The consequence being that my guest book is here and my first guests arrive next week,oh well,I hope to get back over with it before the 2nd lot arrive :wink:
We regularly quote our guest-book comments with a semi-anonymous designation - Family Z, March 2006. Can't feel it does any harm!

John
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

I asked our last guests why they chose our apartment, and they said they liked the guest book comments.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Wow- that is interesting, thanks for that Kayley!! Maybe I'd better get going with it.I just think too much- sometimes you just have to do it :?
Stu

Post by Stu »

We post our guestbook comments and e-mails on a page on the website under 'What Our Guests say'. We think it helps with the decision to book if they see that others have enjoyed it here.

It can't hurt, and can only do good!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

OK, that's my homework for this weekend. I don't really know why I'm reluctant as every comment is lovely!! It almost makes you blush :oops:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
enid

Post by enid »

I don't really know why I'm reluctant as every comment is lovely!!
But I felt the same - they sounded to good to be true!! But our site is having a revamp at the end of April ( daughter coming to stay) so I'll add mine too I think.