Starting on a positive note..

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Stu

Post by Stu »

To be honest, there's no need to blush, we all work bloody hard at what we do. It's just so nice to have comments like these made about us and our homes. There's no company cars for us, no pension schemes, or golden handshakes, payrises or cash bonuses for performance. We do this because we're social people who like to laugh, drink, tell stories, play guitar and share what we have. The reward comes when people take the time to write such wonderful stuff in the visitors books. We should be proud of the fact that we're in the unique position of making people happy!

Amen!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Shucks, :lol: You are right of course :idea:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Whenever guests leave and we go to do a changeover the first thing we head for is the guest book! The lovely comments make it all worthwhile!
debk

Post by debk »

Well said, Crystal.

As for having a guestbook, I regularly have guests say that ours was a factor in booking. Go for it.

It's a blessing to help people enjoy a special vacation together... and it sounds corny... but I think we're all making the world a better, kinder, smaller place, one check-in at a time.
debk
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Warm glow time :-) :lol:
debk

Post by debk »

gee, heavy smarm factor in my last post... but i had gotten the biggest hug from a 16 year old who was checking out with his parents. bit of a group hug hangover, i'm afraid. sorry 'bout that, mates!
debk
enid

Post by enid »

you're allowed - a hug from a sixteen year old that you didn't give birth to is an achievement worth crowing about! :)
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

a hug from a sixteen year old that you didn't give birth to is an achievement worth crowing about!
Yep...I've got a sixteen year old (given birth to!)...and I envy you Deb!! :lol: :lol:
debk

Post by debk »

he was great and had been telling me horror stories of other vacation rentals they had rented in europe. of course, i think he was as surprised by the hug as i was. poor guy... so relieved to have had a nice vacation! :) :) :)
debk
Marion

Post by Marion »

My Russian guests have just left and gave me a bottle of Russian vodka, offered to translate my welcome notes into Russian for me, said they would help out if I ever needed help with other Russian guests and hoped I would come to visit them in St Petesburg.
I think they enjoyed themselves! :D
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I haven't posted for a while because our booking season got off to a bit of a late start and I was feeling a bit blue.

However, we're happy now as things have finally taken off with avengence and this thread warmed the cockles so to speak so I thought I'd post the nice comments form our first two sets of guests.

The first lot were from Australia and had lousy weather:

'Great barn and a lovely location here in the valley. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend Labat to anyone visiting the region.' Many thanks also to Sarah and Clive who were always helpful and handy when needed'.

The second lot from the UK:

'By far the best gite we have ever visited. Excellent facilities, very accommodating hosts, wonderful babysitting service! Love the peacock. We will certainly be back.'

Our next one starts a week today so fingers crossed. I'm glad that someone else gets nervous too, I'm always terrified that people won't like it even though we've worked so hard to make it lovely.

Sarah