How much does it cost to you to heat your pool?

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Roger de Flor

How much does it cost to you to heat your pool?

Post by Roger de Flor »

Hi everytone! I have a property in la Costa Brava (Catalan countries) and I am thinking that for the kind of villa it would be worth to install a pool heating system. Lately I am observing that many properties competing with mine are provided with this systems and I am getting concerned.

Would you like to share with me what are your costs of heating the pool? I am considering an electric sistem but not the heat pump as I think it is too big and I guess too loud for our property.

Do you feel it is worth the extra money and effort?
Catalonia is not spain!!
bornintheuk

Re: How much does it cost to you to heat your pool?

Post by bornintheuk »

Roger de Flor wrote:Hi everytone! I have a property in la Costa Brava (Catalan countries) and I am thinking that for the kind of villa it would be worth to install a pool heating system. Lately I am observing that many properties competing with mine are provided with this systems and I am getting concerned.

Would you like to share with me what are your costs of heating the pool? I am considering an electric sistem but not the heat pump as I think it is too big and I guess too loud for our property.

Do you feel it is worth the extra money and effort?
Solar, Solar, Solar.

I did send you a pm after your question on another post.
What would Plato do ?
CarolineH

Re: How much does it cost to you to heat your pool?

Post by CarolineH »

Roger de Flor wrote: Would you like to share with me what are your costs of heating the pool? I am considering an electric sistem but not the heat pump as I think it is too big and I guess too loud for our property.
My heat pump is about 1m wide x 1m high x 50cm deep and doesn't make much noise (65db according to the manual). When I started the pool this year at 11°C it was working flat out to bring the temperature to 28° and I monitored the electricity consumption, which I calculated as costing me 3.50€ per 24 hour period.
Roger de Flor wrote:Do you feel it is worth the extra money and effort?

For me in Brittany, there is no doubt that it is worth it!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Don't forget that with the heat pump you need the pool pump on as well, so you need to take into account the consumption of that too. Mine must be around 5€ a day for both pumps.