Help - LMH has shrunk!

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
French Cricket

Help - LMH has shrunk!

Post by French Cricket »

I've just got a new laptop - Win 7 - after my old one died and this morning LMH is displaying with a tiny font size! It was fine yesterday, and no other sites as far as I can see are affected.

Any ideas?
kg1

Post by kg1 »

I had that one day last week but it was fine a couple of hours later. Old laptop.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Can't help on your question, FC, but just wondered which laptop you went for in the end?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Just sorted it! Control plus a swipe of the so-called 'intelligent' (hah!) touchpad - must have done it by accident.

LV, in the end I went for the Lenovo Z580, because I liked the keyboard better than the Asuses (?) I tried. It's an azerty, of course, whereas my old one was my old UK qwerty, so I'm still seriously slow, though it's brilliant to be able to type in French properly. So far I'm impressed, though things have moved on in 9 years and it's all a bit too intelligent for me :lol:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I was going to say the touch pad, but thought that it might not be that if all other websites looked OK :oops:
Glad you got one you wanted - I've used a French keyboard for 10 years now and find it really hard when I go to the UK and have to use a Querty!
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

la vache! wrote:II've used a French keyboard for 10 years now and find it really hard when I go to the UK and have to use a Querty!
:lol: Me too! My daughter has a querty and I have a azerty and all my 'A's turn to 'Z's and 'M's turn to commas when I have to type on her's!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Yes, I know it'll come ... I'm no touch typist but I'm still really slow on this (though better than yesterday). It's always the full stop that annoys me on azerty though!
J B
Location: We live in England and have rental properties in N Wales and Paphos, Cyprus

Post by J B »

Ctrl + for making the font bigger

Crtl - for smaller

Simples :)
B&B netherlands

Post by B&B netherlands »

i once tried to work with a pc with german keyboard in a swiss hotel! i gave up. qwerty okay (standard in the netherlands), azerty i'm getting used to, paying regular visits to son and DIL in paris and using their hardware.

it's all an inheritance from the past.

a past in which i had to make material for time-life inc., on a (then) very fashionable and expensive IBM-typewriter with exchangable 'heads' but unfortunably with a qwerty-keyboard!!! i made sets of handcut paper thingies with the right 'letters' to paste on the typewriter keys, when there was (f.i.) a swedish advertisement launch to be prepared.

thank god for google translation. though not always to be trusted completely. if translating from albanian to dutch, 'albania' as a country turns into 'bangladesh'. hmmm.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

B&B netherlands wrote:..if translating from albanian to dutch, 'albania' as a country turns into 'bangladesh'. hmmm.
Are you sure you typed that in correctly and did not enter Qlbqniq ? :lol:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
B&B netherlands

Post by B&B netherlands »

i do not type in anything, i read articles from albanian newspapers and put these in google translate, albanian to dutch... it's a complete mystery to me. ;-)