Video clips

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
sazzleevans

Video clips

Post by sazzleevans »

Does anyone know of any website that you can put video clips on as well as photos? My mate thought she had seen one and it was quite cheap??

SARAH
Giulia

Post by Giulia »

Hi there. I believe Daltons has this service. I was with them last year, but I did not renew as I did not get any bookings. However my property is in Italy and I hear they do better in France and Spain
Giulia
kevincohr

Post by kevincohr »

Villarenters also allows uploading of videos.

Regards,

Kevin
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

Thank you ever so much for your replies. I have been hunting just trying to find a site where you can have video clips as standard. The two sites that do it (thanks for help tracking down) seem to have these as extras on top of the yearly fee for advertising. Does it take so much more then to have video on there that they need to charge extra or is that just how to make extra cash.

I run my own small rental site and was wondering how do big companies sort out free texts when you get an enquiry. They must get it free too or very cheap. Anyone got any ideas?

I really appreciate your help. I have spends loads this year on rental listing sites and would prefer next year to try and use less but i think you always need them. My rental site just seems to help convert enquiries into bookings.

Sarah
thisfrenchlife

Post by thisfrenchlife »

Hi

You could always look to produce your own videos and then allow people to play them directly on your site, there are one or two free services available. For example:

http://video.google.com/

http://www.youtube.com/

You produce your video, upload where it is checked for suitability (a property one shouldn't have any problems) and then you are given a short piece of code that you paste into your site.

Then when people want to view the vid' they just hit play and stay within your site.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Craig
Uber-Rob

Post by Uber-Rob »

sazzleevans wrote:Hi

Thank you ever so much for your replies. I have been hunting just trying to find a site where you can have video clips as standard. The two sites that do it (thanks for help tracking down) seem to have these as extras on top of the yearly fee for advertising. Does it take so much more then to have video on there that they need to charge extra or is that just how to make extra cash.

I run my own small rental site and was wondering how do big companies sort out free texts when you get an enquiry. They must get it free too or very cheap. Anyone got any ideas?
Hi Sarah,

Streaming video does seriously increase the technical costs of running a listings site - not only does the amount of bandwidth used go up (at least double even with a site that gives you loads of photos) but you also need to have a faster connection and probably a faster server too. There are also support and moderation staff costs to consider.

For the SMS messaging, there are lots of companies who will let you send cheaply. A search for "bulk SMS" will give you an idea.

-Rob
Holiday Lettings Tech Bod
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Thanks Rob all. I am still looking for those bulk sms .... :roll: Must be having a blonde month. :?