another newbie with new website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
lel

another newbie with new website

Post by lel »

This is my first attempt at Gite rentals and first attempt at website design, I would appriciate your always useful feedback please :)

I have no photos inside the main house as it is a future project, I did wonder if I should not have included it in the website, I wonder what you thought?

many thanks

www.doumailhac.com
Circé

Post by Circé »

Hi!
I'd like to see some info about the juxtaposition of the gite and the manoir, and associated parking. Maybe a plan would be good?
No pics of Manoir interior, and it would be better if there was some outside furniture in the terrace pic. I suspect that's all work in progress for you!
A decent 'where we are' access map would be good, the tourist map isn't very clear.
I can't see any mention of heating, what is it and is it included in the price in the winter?
Do you accept dogs?
What's the pool security?
Not necessarily for inclusion in the website, but have you got DDASS approval for your pool? You should have as it's a pool shared by 2 properties. See this thread for ex. if you don't understand what I'm talking about viewtopic.php?t=9763&highlight=shared+pools
january

Post by january »

Hi Lel,

I wonder about the wisdom of hyper linking to other tourist sites in the text of your local area page.
This is good and free advertising for them, takes the viewer temporarily away from your site. At least one of the sites you link to advertises properties for holiday rental in your area !
Maybe better to talk about other facilities in the area without linking to them.......unless of course you own thosewebsites also :D
lel

Post by lel »

Thanks both, really good points, I will make the changes/additions that you suggest. :)