What do you think?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
LaLuz

What do you think?

Post by LaLuz »

I've just received the 3rd enquiry from someone who is enquiring about August availability.

The other 2 enquiries were in September and February. He asks me to update me on availability and also prices. He's never booked.

he also uses the shortened version of my christian name which I don't use in my adverts. I don't know what it is but I don't get the feeling he's genuine. Could he be a competitor do you think or could there be another explanation?

I'm feeling a bit uneasy!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Sounds a bit odd, I think I'd tell him nothing. Just a quick reply to say you're fully booked for that time. Did he ask for specific dates?
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

He asked for August, which lots of people do but this is the 3rd enquiry in 7 months for the same period!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

If lots of people ask for August, then you should have no difficulty booking those dates with someone else. You could always phone him and ask him why he'd enquired 3 times.
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Actually I'm fully booked and have been for a while so it's not about wanting the booking. He hasn't given me a telephone number so I can't ring him.

I can't quite put my finger on what is making me feel uneasy but for the first time ever I'm considering not replying!
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

If you feel uneasy about it, then don't reply... he must be able to see from your availability calendar that you are booked anyway...
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Ju

Post by Ju »

I tend to agree, if you have any reason to feel uneasy then just don't reply. You are already fully booked so you have nothing to loose.

Ju
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I agree with Ju..if you feel uneasy don't respond...you already have the weeks booked....trust your 'gut' instinct!
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Thanks everyone, I think you're right. It's just a bit strange for me as I always reply promptly and pride myself on my friendly manner even when it's obvious that no booking will come from the enquiry.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Easy peasy- don't reply.He may be genuine but you are booked anyway and have already told him so twice.There are some nutters out there and you don't want to run the risk of getting involved!!!