Back scratching on Pinterest ?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Holiday Ray

Back scratching on Pinterest ?

Post by Holiday Ray »

Having finally had a little time to kick start a Pinterest account, I thought I would like to create a Board called 'My favourite Holiday pads' or something similar - the idea being that I pin some nice pics on there from the websites of my mates on here, or wherever !

I was thinking of maybe starting a list, here on LMH, something along the lines of what nemo did with FaceBook 'likes' the objective being (on the boards) to create lots of juicy links for others, who could then reciprocate !

Another advantage of having all those pics in one place, would be that I/we would have a quick reference to lots of mates websites all in one place.
I often want to nip to one of your websites for a little inspiration, to have a look at any number of interesting blogs, or just to admire peeps photos and wonder how I might acheive something similar one day and I can never remember whose website is where, so maybe a visual prompt would be a quick and easy way of doing this ?

Wadya think folks ?
Ray
CSE

Post by CSE »

That is a good idea. I am already invited onto two other boards, DEs for trip advisor and one about wine. I am sure I can share some of the postings on these too.
Question is how do we all link up?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Funny you should mention that Casa, I was just reading the following on one of the pinterest Help pages -
To add contributors to a board, go to that board and click the Edit button.

On the next page, you can type in the names of other people you would like to add as contributors.

You must follow at least one board belonging to a user in order to add him/her as a contributor. Type his/her username into the text field. Potential matches to this name will begin to load; when you see the person you want, click their name. Click Add. When you are finished, click Save Settings.

You can also create a new board by clicking Add+ on the top toolbar on Pinterest, then press Create a Board and add contributors by typing in names.

The contributors you invite to pin with you will receive an email notification as well as an invite on their Pinterest profile. He/she can choose to ignore your invitation or accept and start pinning to your collaborative board right away.
These are called Group Boards. So, going back to my earlier post, I could create a group Board and invite anyone (who I'm following) to pin one of their website pics onto it.

I don't think there is a way to transfer a whole board to someone else, but I've not delved that far into it yet (and I think that kinda defeats the object doesn't it), but anyone could just repin stuff from my board onto their own !
Ray
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

OK - The sound of silence is deafening - I can almost visualise that Tumbleweed swirling off into the distance :shock: .

But I've just created a new board on my Pinterest account called 'Favourite Holiday Pads' and will start pinning nice pics on there, some of which will be from the websites of my friends on here who I don't believe will object.

If you don't want any of your websites images on my board (along with nice juicy backlink of course), then please post on this thread, or PM if you wish and I will of course remove it straight away.

What I will also do is invite you to be a contributor to that board, so you can change the pic if you want to. (I can only do this if you have a Pinterest a/c and I also become a follower of at least one of your boards).

I will also PM the person on here to let them know that i've 'pinned a pic', so that you don't all have to keep checking this thread to see if I've pinned one of your pics.

Link to my Pinterest boards
Ray
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I'd love to be included. I've just followed you. I think this is the link for me

http://pinterest.com/normandierental/
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Forgive me my ignorance....I know you will Ray as we're so good here about learning on the job and passing our knowledge on. :wink: :lol:

I decided to start a pinterest board and was on my iphone at the time. I created an account and it asked for the name - so I put down one of my house names plus my business email. Then further into the process it asked for my name which I duly filled in. I was somewhat surprised to see my pinterest board was in my full actual name, not the business as I thought. I don't want a board in my name, only my business, so what have I done wrong?

I would love to create and share a board if so!
Windy

Post by Windy »

Like your board and added you to mine
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Thanks Wallypott :D

Wallypott, I think one of us is missing something :?

Your link does take me to your pinterest boards, but I couldn't find any pics (sorry 'pins') on there with links to your own normandie rental website - which for me is kinda the objective (for the back links)

I'm guessing that the pics on your boards that are labelled "Uploaded by user" are from your PC and these pics might also be on your own website (I haven't checked). If that is the case and you want those all important back links to your own site, you have to just hit the edit button on each pic and then put the link in. Forgive me if I've got this wrapped around my neck a bit, I'm a newbie to Pinterest too.

Nemo, it's not particularly clear when you sign up exactly what your 'account' is going to appear as, is it :roll: . Your profile (Your main username if you like) is actually your Full Name.

So if you want your name to appear as "Norfolk Coastal Holidays", it's easy to change -

Click on your name

Then from the drop down menu click 'settings' near the bottom

And on the "Edit profile" page that appears, you will type in - Norfolk Coastal Holidays in the FIRST NAME box. (leave your second name blank)

That's it !

Windy, thanks I'll reciprocate
Ray
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Windy,

What's your board called please, I can't find it searching under "lake district holiday lodges"

Ta
Ray
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Doh ! :oops:

Disregard last Windy - I've just noticed an automated email that notifies me you're following one of my boards.

Windy's board is called "Windermere Lodges" if anyone wishes to amble that way !
Ray
elena

Post by elena »

Just come across this thread & coincidentally I had just started a pinterest a/c this morning & haven't got much further than the 5 boards I'm supposed to choose from a pre given list ( none of which I particularly want to follow ) Can't seem to get past this bit so assume it has to be done this way - is that right?

Will no doubt have a name issue like Nemo as I can see this being as clear as facebook :roll:

Any tips before I keep going would be appreciated!! Would love to join in with the idea Holiday Ray once I get it all off the ground!

Elena

Dordogne holiday cottages
Tales from our Dordogne gites
Keep in touch with Les Crouquets on Facebook
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Thanks Ray. I wondered why I couldn't see them!
katz

Post by katz »

This is a great idea, something I've been thinking about doing but Ray has spurred me into action - I've created a board called 'Other great places to stay' http://pinterest.com/katzrichardson/oth ... s-to-stay/

Here is the board for our gites: http://pinterest.com/katzrichardson/ty- ... finistere/

Thanks Ray, sorry I haven't been posting much! :(
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

I don't 'get' Pintrest and don't have an account ( and no time to be sat at this pc to sort one out) but I would love you (any of you Pintrest peopel) to use any of my photo's if it's possible with out me having to Pintrest myself (iyswim)

Hope that makes sense :lol:

No worries if it's not do able :)

Sandra
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thanks Ray, I do believe I've mastered the change of name. Cheers. 8)

My boards are here:
Pinterest for Norfolk Coastal Holidays

I'm still learning, but I have created a board for friends holiday places. Photos that link back to my site can be found on the Bacton, Norfolk board.

Ok more questions. If I follow someone's board, where do I see that when I am logged in?

What do the numbers mean regarding following? Followers is obvious - I can see two LMH's (thanks :wink: ) who have followed me, but I have 57 following.