Would be grateful for reviews of www.theolivehouseitaly.com

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
mfarmer

Post by mfarmer »

lorra62 wrote:Im not an expert but from a visitor point of view, your website and place looks great, the christmas offer sounds lovely shame there isn’t a flight from manchester.
What a lovely thing to say thank you very much!
We can do transfers from Rome airport.
mfarmer

Post by mfarmer »

hobbo wrote:I like the booking page, much better, however if I were looking to book a party of 3 persons I would be confused..
For a booking of three guests or more you have one price and for three guests or less another.. would be probably be better to say for groups of 1-3 the price is £x and for groups of 4-8 the price is £y or something similar, currently you have 2 prices for a party of 3..

just as a separate point here, we used to give a reduced rate for 'under occupancy' but then simplified our pricing structure to just the higher rate and still had a full calender, I sometimes give a discount for under-occupancy out of peak season but only based on expected reduced energy water and cleaning costs.

the bottom of the screen is obscured by the 'wibiya' bar and you have to minimise this to read the weekend break peak details.

I'm still not sure about the phrase 'with special prices for one guest or more' unless it is that all your prices are special?

hope this helps
Hopefully the changes I have made in response to this have made it easier to understand- thanks alot for the advice.
Cotto

Post by Cotto »

The site could be nice, but there are many errors in various aspects: design, code, usability. The site scrolls horizzontally even at a resolution of 1024x786. And I suppose it hasn't been tested in all the main browsers and platforms. In my opinion (I wrote it here but it applies to all owners) it is better to invest some money in a web site done by a professional so you can focus on its content and on your accommodation.