Mobile phones...

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Sue Dyer

Mobile phones...

Post by Sue Dyer »

Here's a query for the techies (and I know there's a few of you out there!) re mobile phones. I love gadgets and like to get the most out of them. On ebay I see those data cables and cd's where you can hook your phone up to your P.C. and upload ringtones etc.... Thing is - is it safe, does it work okay?

I know it's totally unnecessary but it's got me interested for a new toy to play with.... (I'm avoiding the sellers in Hong Kong of course..)

Paolo - here's my wish list... a spell checker for the forum as I'm terrible at spelling at times....!!!! :)
paolo

Post by paolo »

Sue,

As a proffesional, I can tell you their are no speling misstakes in you're post! :D
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

no but I wanted to put intrigued instead of interested... I've just had to run it thru my email spell checker for the correct spelling....

When I'm taking minutes I can never get apologise (I know that's not right) correct!!! Instead I put "Present" or "Not Present"... there's always a way around..
tansy

Post by tansy »

If it helps - you're not the only ones - I have microsoft word open all the time so I can copy, paste & check on spell checker... :oops: Isn't spelling hard!
BungleBob

PC to Phone works fine

Post by BungleBob »

I've always used the PC-to-phone links and they work fine although I must admit the novelty of the ringtones thing wore off very quickly! The best thing is synchronising your Outlook contacts, reminders and calendars into the phone. Saves a lot of one finger typing!

Please don't ask me about individual models although I'd always use something direct from the phone manufacturer.

Rich
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Thanks Rich. I'm with Orange and they have web based email (I don't use it as a primary account as not reliable enough) That lets you synch with Outlook which is pretty good. In fact, we all have palm tops at work but I gave mine back as my phone (Motorola e365) had more sophisticated features!! I can't bear text messaging or txtmsg.... as it's too laborious. I also hate this word that has crept in "I texted him".... Why not "I sent him a text"...!!!

What I'd like to do is make one of my friends songs into a ringtone... I'll see if I can get that worked out.