my german property website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
lorra62

my german property website

Post by lorra62 »

hi
I would love your feedback on my website which i created myself on my macbook,

www.mygermanhouse.co.uk

many thanks
Austria

Post by Austria »

Hi i don't like the fact its called "my" ....... it puts guests off ! "our" is a much more inclusive word.

Some of the photo's wording was obscured.

Just a couple of comments.

Kind Regards

Derek
lorra62

Post by lorra62 »

Thanks for your comments Derek, unfortunately I cant change “My” but I will definitely sort out the text on the photos.
pizza-salsa

Post by pizza-salsa »

hello, I found your website easy to navigate, however I agree with Austria's comments, there are too many "MY" which as a potential guest I would find off-putting.
The photos in the "photo album" are very useful to have an idea of the area, and activities available, so that is excellent. However some of the photos are out of focus, and many look more like "family album" not really what I would like to see if I want to book a holiday home, and imagine myself being there (rather than you and your family).
hope this helps.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I am puzzled - why can't you change 'my'? It should be dead simple!
lorca

Post by lorca »

Hi

I agree about the photos - the ones on your Holiday Lettings page are much better of your property and much more informative for a potential guest, couldn´t you use those instead?

Also I think it would be better to have the prices clearly set out on your own website, rather than having to click out to your HL listing

The first quote on your Guest Book page has a shadow effect on the text. Also one simple format for this page would look smarter and easier to read.

Good luck, it can take a while to get a new website as good as you´d like it
If not now, when?
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Hi. Just my humble opinion but it is far too personalised. I clicked on 'photo album expecting to see pictures of the house. Instead I saw about 15 pictures of your son, I gave up waiting for pictures of the house & so would any potential guests. I really would lose the holiday pics they are superfluous. Also the pictures you do use need to be in focus. I really do feel guests will be put off by the personalisation.
lorra62

Post by lorra62 »

Thanks for all your feedback, in fact I have spent the last few hours changing it and hopefully it now looks better, I got rid of all the family photos and changed ’my' house to 'our'. I think I got a little carried away (thats what happens when your sat in with a bottle of wine) it now looks totally different but hopefully better. Let me know what you think. thanks Lorraine
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Lorraine, the new incarnation of your site is a big improvement on what went before, but you still have (IMO) a way to go before showcasing your property to advantage. Nobody would bake a cake with poor quality or missing ingredients and expect professional results but, so often, websites are pulled too quickly from the oven with great expectations, but make poor eating. You urgently need better photographs. Some can be improved with editing software (see below) but others need a more thoughtful re-shoot at an appropriate time.
As always, I'd suggest taking a step back and looking carefully at websites produced by your professional colleagues on LMH. Not to copy but, rather, to gain inspiration and to realise that the standard is very high. And, unless you can mimic such quality, your property will always be disadvantaged in the internet race.

None of the above is intended to be negative or discouraging; many congratulations on getting as far as you have. But it's going to be a bit of a slog before you see the finishing post.

Good luck!

Jim
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Hi. Much better with out the holiday pics. Well done. House pics easily accessed but they do need to be a better quality. Also at the risk of nitpicking - on the house pictures some of the captions start with a capital letter & some don't and in the second picture 'Mosel' needs a capital.

Also where it says to go to HL for prices & availability how about a link right there instead of off to the right at the bottom.

Please take this as contructive comment, I wouldn't know how to start constructing my own website so I use iowners!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

you can also embed the HL calendar onto the website. I wouldn't want anyone heading off to HL, and perhaps finding another property while they are there.
lorra62

Post by lorra62 »

Margaret wrote:I am puzzled - why can't you change 'my'? It should be dead simple!
I meant the actual name of the website, I have changed all references in the document itself and I must admit it does sound better.