pool - rules

For anything to do with the garden and pool
pizza-salsa

pool - rules

Post by pizza-salsa »

hello there, any of you owners with pools (ours will be an outdoor one) have pool-rules for your guests? if so, do you leave them in the information-pack or do you send them out with the T&C's? I've drafted a set of rules, but don't want to sound too harsh or unwelcoming. Wanted to have your views on this since we have no experience yet.

By rules I mean things like "pls shower before using the pool, don't take glass containers near pool but use plastic ones provided" etc etc -

I did a search in the Forum but could not find a post specifically relating to pool-rules
many thanks for your views
Zorba

Post by Zorba »

yes we put them on our .pdf emailed contract and also in the house book.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

We explain the workings of pool alarms to guests on arrival, give adults the keypad code and stress the importance of responding immediately if a siren sounds. In addition, we have details of the alarms (excepting the secret code) displayed in the pool area.

Other than this, we have no rules for the pool area and rely on the common sense of our mainly family groups to behave sensibly and responsibly. But, of course, we're on site and can respond quickly and politely if we see unacceptable behaviour.
Jim
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

I would put up depth markings, it may not be a legal requirement but if there is ever an issue & you haven't put up signs, you're probably liable.

Ditto lifering, 50e from decathlon

I got a signmaker to do mine - he mounted the letters on a metal sign & I silliconed the signs onto the ballustrade.

It looks v nice & only cost 10e each from memory.

Other rules, no weeing, shower before use etc, I put in the file but as I clean the pool I know no-one sticks to the rules.
pizza-salsa

Post by pizza-salsa »

thank you Zorba, Jimbo and Gardenboy for your comments.

there are currently no requirements for pool-alarms nor fencing in Croatia (this may change so we will keep our ears open) so for the time being we have drafted these rules (we are not on-site), are they something similar to what you have? I have taken these from the internet + added a few.

I guess probably as you say, not many people will take any bit of notice anyway..... :(

thank you Gardenboy for the other suggestions ref water marker, we will arrange for one of those signs by the pool.

Pool Rules
- As there is a pool onsite, if you come to stay at the Villa with children please be aware that children should be supervised at all times. This is your responsibility as you are renting the property on a self-catering basis, and there are no owners or staff on-site.
-children must never be allowed to use the pool without the supervision of a responsible adult - no rough play, running or pushing
- glass containers and glass bottles are not allowed in the pool area - In the kitchen you will find plastic cups and glasses which can be used in the pool area
-food and drinks should not be consumed when inside the water.
-always wear swimming trunks or swimming costumes when using the pool. Babies and infants who are not yet toilet trained must wear appropriate swimming nappies/trunks
-please shower before entering the pool, to remove excessive suncream which may cloud the pool unnecessarily, and always shower after coming back from the beach and before entering the pool (there is a solar shower by the pool)

-the pool is not designed for diving or jumping. Dangerous injuries can result so please always use the INOX steps provided to get into and out of the pool

-remove all toys from the pool after use

-do not use pool during electrical or weather storms

Thank you for your understanding and your co-operation.
We want you to have a good time, but everyone’s safety is our main concern.
peyre blanque

Pool Rules

Post by peyre blanque »

We keep it simple - please don't pee in the pool and please shower sun lotion off before getting in. As we're not on location we rely on commonsense.
We do firmly (bold letters in the house docs) forbid glasses inside the pool fence: we provide plastic ones - carefully chosen to look 'real' for this area.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Yes but I'm pretty sure few people pay any attention to them.

I even have plastic sign on the wall next to the pool warning against using glassware near the pool. Even although I provide plenty of plastic cups etc for use near the pool, our poolman has often commented that people use glassware by the pool.