Facebook Share status issues

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Nemo

Facebook Share status issues

Post by Nemo »

I am using facebook regularly as part of my marketing. I frequently find items that I want to share, but I keep coming up against a problem, which may (or may not knowing facebook :roll: ) be easy to solve.

When people put in a long status, ie lots of words so that it stretches down the page, I then find I cannot see the status button to share the link. It has disappeared off the bottom of my screen and the status remains fixed in place on the screen. Scrolling up or down only moves the actual page, but not the status pop up. I also cannot cancel the status and have to go off the page altogether.

This has happened several times now, so any ideas anyone?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Nemo, you've lost me, sorry! I've not had that happen and can't visualise quite what you mean. I don't seem to have a 'bottom of the page' on my wall - it just increases in length as I scroll down.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Yes it's hard to describe, as it only affects certain posts!

If you can find a status where someone has written loads of sentences for starters? If you go to Breckland Orchard and then click on one of their recipes, this is what I was trying to share. Then click Share. This then opens up a pop up, on top of their page. With a normal status, you can then see two buttons - share status or cancel. If the post is too long, then I find those buttons are hidden at the bottom of the pop up, which is in turn immoveable. So you can't share or cancel; you are frozen and have to click back to your own page.

It would be great to find out if you get the same problem!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Just tried it , I have a share button on all of their posts.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Me too.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

:(

So when you click on share, do you get the pop up window? Is it frozen on your screen as with me? I only have a small screen so I'm wondering if that is the problem, but that seems silly as lots of laptop screens are small.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Yes, normal pop up window with the share button at the bottom and no frozen screen. Haven't actually clicked on the share button because I don't want to share it, but so far so normal. I have a normal laptop 15.6 or whatever screen.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Hmmm I'm mystified. So does a long post like that have a scrolling button or something for you, as I'm assuming in its entirety, it more than fills your screen as well, so you must need to move it?

I know this is very difficult to describe and probably gets me no nearer why I have this issue. :( I will have to try on another computer.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Norfolk Hot Totty more than fills my screen (heavens - what's Google going to make of that sentence? :shock: :lol:), but I just scroll down - there's no scroll bar, it just goes on its own, so to speak!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No scroll on any of the pop up windows, I can see all of the post, and I am not on a large screen.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ok thanks both for looking for me. I'm on my own on this one then..... :(

I will try lookning on another computer first, but a new computer is on the cards very shortly........ 8) Let's hope that will solve it. :roll:
Marks

Post by Marks »

French Cricket wrote:Norfolk Hot Totty
I went to Norfolk once, the Hot Totty must have had the day off :(
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Ah. That'd be Normal for Norfolk, Marks :lol:

PS I used to live there too.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ok, I've done a little more investigating. The problem seems to lie in part with IE or at least the version I am running on my two computers. However using Firefox on my desktop also doesn't work as I cannot change to using facebook as my page. :(

So new computer with up to date versions of the browsers is definitely the way forward. In the interim, I've tried Firefox on a laptop and that appears to make the share button visible, so I will try sharing via that method.

Sometimes I hate computers.......such time wasters....... :evil:

When I have secured the necessary ingredients, you're both welcome to some Hot Totty at my place anytime. :wink: :lol:
Marks

Post by Marks »

Best offer in years :wink:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.