Facebook Business Page News Feed disappeared?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Nemo

Facebook Business Page News Feed disappeared?

Post by Nemo »

I logged on over the weekend to do some reading and sharing from my news feed. Short story - there is no news feed, just a blank page.

On searching, it appears to have disappeared for many people. There are 40 or more comments on this post alone.

http://www.facebook.com/help/community/ ... id=2508046

Affecting any of you?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

It is still showing on my apartment page, but is missing on the page that I manage for work.
elena

Post by elena »

I'm getting all posts on both business & personal feeds.....??

Now what's all this about having to ask people to tick "get notifications " so they can see your posts?

Elena

Dordogne holiday cottages
Tales from our Dordogne gites
keep in touch with Les Crouquets on Facebook
follow us on pinterest
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

That was a change that happened earlier this year. FB limit what is shown in your news feed so that people don't see everything you post. As I understand it in the worse case scenario your posts only reach about 15% of the target audience. Read this below.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/face ... iends_back

I still have no news feed. I cannot comment on pages as my business. It is affecting so many people worldwide and FB have offered no explanation. I never liked FB, now I detest it. I won't waste my time now making it my primary social media and will have to investigate other sources. Google plus is mentioned which I know nothing about, so this plus twitter plus a blog etc etc have to be the way forward. No one company should have the power like this over us.

Great when it works but fatal when it doesn't.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Doing some very interesting reading as a result of the loss of my news feed. I think this is a really pertinent comment that we should all heed, regardless of whether you have this problem or not.
For years I've told audiences, clients and students that investing time or money in a FB page is like building a house on someone else's land. Focusing on a blog and offering links to your friends, family and advocates for them to share is a more solid approach until FB decides what they're going to do with brands. Make the link posts very entertaining and shareable. Do all your CTA (call to action) and selling on the blog.
elena

Post by elena »

Interesting reading and strangely enough while I was reading it I got a call from a company called Q Web asking me if I wanted to take a featured ad on facebook only 99 GBP for 3weeks ( or was it 3 months? Can't remember as I'd stopped listening by then) as my page was really good and had 177 likes :shock: We only have 117 likes and I don't post nearly as often as I could so it's not that great a page -looks they're trying anything now...

I have a google plus page & am in the process of revamping it all as I've not done a lot with it - so far I've found it a lot more complicated to use than Facebook..maybe that's just me though.

No doubt this will be the next thing we'll all be asking help for :wink:

Elena
Dordogne holiday cottages
Tales from our Dordogne gites
keep in touch with Les Crouquets on Facebook
follow us on pinterest
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Nemo, although I do have a Facebook page for the apartment which is updated, most of the posts on there come from my blog which I set up in 2006 via Networked Blogs. It also puts the post onto Twitter as a short link. The blog is a free Wordpress one, but I pay a small amount to use my own domain.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thanks Helen, that sounds like just the answer. I will get a blog up and running sooner than later. I guess I needed a spur. Trouble is FB is a really valuable source of info, so you need to get the info for a blog from somewhere in the first place.

In the meantime I need a new computer - waiting in today for it and 2 out of the 3 packages came, with 1 having gone missing. 1 screen, 1 set of speakers and no computer. Great. :roll:
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

No-one else got this problem then? The FB thread (link above) is growing by the hour!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

No problem here - my much neglected FB page is still showing everything.
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

I have just this evening helped my sister in law create a FB business page and it has no news feed, no search facility, none of the standard privacy settings etc...it is just a shop window really. The only time she will be able to interact with anyone and look at other pages is if they actually comment on her page ...which is a bit like waiting for someone to open a door so you can get out.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

FB finally got the news feed back. Still no idea whether it was a bug or planned. They stayed shamefully silent and there were a lot of small businesses that lost out as a result.

Heather, as you are came in at a time of huge problems & changes with pages, it may well be that functionality appears in due course. A page is far more basic than a profile but you shouldn't need privacy settings. The whole idea is the world can see it as a means of marketing.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I've lost the news feed, haven't got it back..
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Sorry roxytoo. It's frightening how if you keep an active page, you quickly rely on your news feed to provide useful info, as it's so quick compared to sourcing the information yourself. Hopefully it will return very soon as per the rest of us who were affected.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Nemo, there's a post on Promote my Place blog about creating google+ page http://www.promotemyplace.com/blog/soci ... l-business