New website, would you please comment,good or bad

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
timjane

New website, would you please comment,good or bad

Post by timjane »

Hi everyone,
We've been running our cottage for a year now but through an agency.
We now feel it is time to go it alone and one of our daughters friends at uni has kindly designed a website for us.
Please have a look and leave us feedback,good or bad.
www.churnetvalleyholidaycottage.co.uk

Thanks
we live in hope
tavi

Post by tavi »

timjane, hello,

A cute little website and easy to read....the cottage looks lovely - great kitchen too.

Just had a quick look....Not sure about the slide show...hovering my mouse (touchpad on this computer) made the slideshow whizz around uncontrollably. Also I feel I would slightly prefer to have arrows on the gallery to one side or other of the photo so as not to block the picture I'm viewing - if you see what I mean.

I'm nowhere near an expert on photos (my own desperately need improving) but wondering - Could the garden photos have more colour in them next time you take some? Flowering pots and the like?
And open the sun umbrella?

Would also light the lamps (and the fire!) inside even in daylight, not just the overhead lights - it seems to help bring photos to life.

Personally, I wouldn't have the plastic cloth on the dining table.

Hope that helps.

tavi
peyre blanque

Post by peyre blanque »

Looks clear and is simple to navigate - warm and as friendly as a website can be, but Tavi is spot on with fires and indoor lighting: it make a big difference....
timjane

Post by timjane »

Thanks for your constructive replies.
I will get some better pics of the fire and lighting done as soon as possible.
The hillside garden was completely overgrown this time last year,so hopefully will have more colour next year.
Thanks again
we live in hope
falbayview

Post by falbayview »

website looks great to me, as does your cottage, very nice 8)

you've inspired me... i really need to get my site sorted :oops:
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Looks good to me. Nice, clean and simple. Even the html is tidy and simple, so it should be easy to maintain or expand in the future.

The slideshow was difficult to control as someone already mentioned. I also noticed you give the exact address of the property on the website. A burglar now knows when the house is empty and where it is.