Too minimal? After clean crisp??

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
sazzleevans

Too minimal? After clean crisp??

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

I am going for a modern clean look but coukd I have all opinions on my website please. It's a hard one to restrict content!! Have I restricted it too much?

Www.casachambers.com

Any tips/ feedback would be fantastic!!

Sarah
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

Hi Sarah

Not a bad start to your website and please take may comments as constructive which I believe is what you are looking for :-

Your header tabs do not appear to be centered with your images

Seems very personal with images of your daughter - Is this what you want to portray ?

Who we are - This is confusing as you then detail your agent friend not you ?

Everything else seems good !!

Best of luck
:D :D :D
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Thank you so much. I want lots of ferns j. I don't mind work!!!

If you click "who we are" it shows us and then drop down box shows our agents. They are friends who do out cleaning key collection etc. Any suggestion what I could call them?

Im concerned people won't click on the top tab. Just drop down ones. What do you think? Way around it?

Happy to do lots of work!!!

I had a very professional site but cost me as I used a company. Now trying cheaper option and have gone for the personal option as I think some people like it eg social media style? I'm just usung it to convert enquiries I get from homeaway.co. uk when I get enquiries. Hoping personal approach will appeal and make them remember us?
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Ps I own domain islacanelaholidays.com but just picked casachambers.com to go with personal feel. Like or hate?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

The mobile site is not right as words overlay other words. You also can only see part of the availability calendar. I have the same problem with my Google mobile version, so there's probably not much you can do?

The drop down menu is a tad confusing I found.

Get your 2013 rates up pronto - even if it's your 2012 rates. You can always amend them later, but people need some idea or they'll just walk away

I too would lose your daughter out of some of the photos, simply because you have so few.

The who we are and local agents is a bit of a waste of a tab I feel. You don't need two pages for that info and it could be put elsewhere. What about any booking conditions such as changeover day, minimum number of nights etc. Where you are and how to get to you?
enid

Post by enid »

only had time for a quick look and couldn't get on with the photos. - I would give up on them as a client if I had keep going back to the menu bar for the next photo
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Top left of page. Casa Chamebrs instead od Casa Chambers, and I agree with Enid about the photos.
CSE

Post by CSE »

If you wanted that modern clean look you have achieved it. However the real lack of information could well put off clients..it would me. Plus the lack of information in words hurts your web ranking like nothing else. I appreciate that there is some thinking in websites going down the same road as Windows 8 has gone, but that does affect usability. One never knows where to click to find the information one is looking for.
Sorry but my advice is; I would think again as to what you want to achieve.

If you were to keep to this layout then there is work to do to help get some sort of ranking on the internet. These are based on ideals and do not cover all the errors found on your website.
The <title> Tag is too short: Presently 20 characters, it should be 64 characters max.
The Meta Description is too short: 30 characters, it should be 160 characters max.
The website text is too short: Presently 66 words. It should be more than 400 words.
Because you have no text you obviously have no <H> tags. Let me explain: Headings help indicate the important topics of your page to search engines. Whilst not 100% essential, you still need them to “push” your website.
The site does not have a favicon. This can help “brand” your site and make it easy for users to navigate to your site among a list of their bookmarks.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Hello sazzleevans - just a few thoughts from someone who is the opposite of minimalist so feel free to ignore my comments!

I completely missed the fact that the header in each tab could be pressed and went straight into the drop down menu. Agree, with the others - trying to see the photos one by one is exhausting! Can you put in some sort of slide show or at least group them into one or two pages?

Your wording is certainly minimalist!

The trouble about cutting down the words, apart from the ranking element, is that you are going to be inundated with questions even before anyone thinks about booking, about things which can not be deduced from photos eg. "Can the twin beds be put together to make a double?", "What is the booking procedure?" etc. etc. so you may spend a lot of time writing the same thing over and over in emails. I think that most people would just move on to another site which tells them more from the off.

What is your thinking behind the clean and crisp and minimalist? I think you might get away with this if your photos told more of the story. Currently you have two of the same end of the kitchen - can we look the other way? What else has the kitchen got besides a dishwasher, fridge freezer, cooker and sink? 'Fully equipped' means different things to different people.... Microwave? Coffee machine?

As I say, these are thoughts from an overly wordy person....
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I agree. Information is power - without information how can we judge whether the property is right for us? The difficulty is how to present it and break it down; we all have differing models for that.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Loving the feedback!!!

Thank you all. When you have something
fixed in your head it's difficult to see if it works and be objective.

Ok. More text. Was concerned about pages being too cluttered scrolling down for apartment photos but if you find the drop down more annoying it defeats the point!

Big poo then really lol 2/10 for effort!!
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I'm very impressed that your 1 year old can walk 7kms in 2 minutes!

I think you are really going to have to work at the words if you are going to be very brief. Grammar and punctuation are going to have to be your by-words.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

She doesn't half shift lol!!

Just working on a map then tonight will cluster apartmebt photos. All on one page?
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

casasantoestevo i l love all your comments and love your location!!!

Havent been as far across as galicia but would love too
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

sazzleevans wrote:
will cluster apartmebt photos. All on one page?
Yes, I think you could have all your interior photos on one page with a (minimalist!?) description of each room, room by room perhaps. Photo beside corresponding text.

You could have a separate bit with photos for the exterior - gardens, pool etc with a few words to go along with that. Is there a lifeguard on duty? Is there a separate children's pool? You could put this info with the photos. Sorry if you have already said this somewhere. I confess to not having looked at your website in great detail.