Too minimal? After clean crisp??

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Way too minimal in my opinion. It is not even stated on the home page what you are offering. There's a menu, a banner type picture then another small picture floating around the lower right. In between it's just empy white space for me or is something not working here?

I would not even venture past the home page as it looks like a partly complete website. Sorry to be harsh.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Why is your header image currently a set of scales and a judges gavel?
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Sorry, but there's nothing like enough info on there for me, and its really tedious to have to click on a new page for each photo and scroll up and down. IMO you really need to tell people on the front page what the site is for: Holiday rental appartment in Spain, otherwise I don't think anyone is going to persevere looking at other pages - the only indication that its to do with an appartment is the single tab labelled apartment - for me the picture shows a pair of scales and a hammer, suggesting something legal! The appartment could be for sale/for long term rental/just to show your friends/family what your place is like - a potential holiday maker won't invest the time to find out they'll move on to something which is more obviously what they are looking for and easier for them to use.

Are you working on it at the moment because some things seem to have gone wrong?

For example, on my computer there are problems with the tabs:
The 'More' tab has menu items Availability, Contact, the lounge.
1. Surely the lounge should be in the appartment menu.
2. the lounge tab has submenu with local agent. That should be with contact us, or about us.
3. The availability tab has sub-items: The beach, rates, reservations. Surely the beach should be somewhere else too.

Location - I don't know where your flat is. I'm assuming its southern Spain/Portugal, but that's a guess based on that I know where Faro & Seville are, as thats where you give airport distance from. The first time I visited the location page the map & location pin were showing San Francisco!!!!!
Changed pages a few times and went back to it and that time it did look as if the pin was on the Spanish/Portuguese border!

Sorry to be harsh, but I don't think it will work as a holiday rental site in its present form
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Harsh is good!!!!

Yes, I am working on it. I looked at your comments and come to the conlcusion you are all right. Your sites look great so am totally redoing it.

What do you think about a video of the apartment on the home page rather than just a photo?

Any advice on weebly too would be great!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

sazzleevans wrote: What do you think about a video of the apartment on the home page rather than just a photo?
Hi, definitely not a video, but more photos would be good. I don't think people necessarily want to spend time watching a video - a more immediate impact is required to get people to click further into the site.
I'm afraid that I thought the same as kevsboredagain - if I hadn't known beforehand that the website was for a holiday rental it wouldn't have been obvious at first glance.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Thank you guys!! I know think my attemptx to get clean and crisp resulted in thinking much less is more. Now heading back to start line.

Any views on my first crack at the home page would be good. See of I'm better track

X
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Much better, but the video won't load. And I think for Google, Islacanelaholidays would be the better url to use.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

That was close lol

Glad it looks more suitable!!!

Video isn't uploaded yet. The company who hosted my website are sending me a copy. Just wanted to see what it looks like.

Going to plod through each page but at least now I know you prefer style of content!

Hmmm... Islacanelaholidays.com. Or casachambers.com
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I would put a video somewhere other than the home page. That comes later in the thought process when booking a holiday I think. You need to gather facts about different properties before being sold on one in particular and spending time watching videos.

Typo on home page - Boarder - should read border.
Busy life. Providing a etc etc - needs rephrasing as you have used provide twice in a row.

Your website name should help draw searchers in. very few people will search for the name of your property, but you may get more searching for the resort name.

Your header photo needs to be better quality as it's quite pixellated.

Your photo headed "View of the apartment from the beach"? You can't mean that was taken from the beach so do you mean to/towards the beach? I can't tell if that's a beach in the distance.
Last edited by Nemo on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Gosh that is so much better already! Now we know what we are looking at.

Keep up the good work!
Btw you have a photo that says it is a view of your complex from the beach. It can't be from the beach as it is taken from a high vantage point. Did you mean from the direction of the beach?
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Thank you ladies!! I think I was coming at it from too relaxed and personal an angle. That's what you get when you off on extended maternity. All fluffy rather than business like!!!!!

I am trying to recall now. I think it was on a dune the photo was taken? Or below a dune?

I am gonna take of my fluffy head and have a real go. I LOVE weebly!!!!!! It's amazing.

Santa's bringing me an iPad mini too so I can play about some more!!
X
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

I had the stretch the photo I used as a header into the box. That's probably why it doesn't look a high res photo. Any other way of reshaping before uploading. I know there must be and I'll sound dim but if you could point me in right direction I'd be really pleased!
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Yes, that looks much better to me now - I'm sure it'll be more effective for you.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Thanks. You gave me the kick I needed!!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Much better!
I think that your small photos on the homepage should be the same width, if not the same height. It looks neater. I learnt that from another LMH'ter :wink: