Too minimal? After clean crisp??

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Much better now I want to go.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Now that is a change :D ...and no built by weeby logo too boot!
Here are some things you may want to look at:
This page:
Does seem to be left and centre justified.
http://www.casachambers.com/the-apartment.html
The video on this page also states a different direction. With all of these directions it is getting confusing. (Like the one in your signature.)

On this page; http://www.casachambers.com/who-we-are.html
I know what you are trying to say, but I do feel this is not so good, but I do not have an immediate answer on what to change.
I am also have some “difficulties” with the following:
In the heart of Andalucia. On the border of Spain and Portugal in the Huelva region of Spain.
Either you are located in the heart of Andalucia or off to one side.

On your contact form do you want someone else to be able to send you files?

PS On your map I like the way you refer to The Parador as a BIG HOUSE! :lol:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Thank you. I think it's a better start than before :-)

I'm sort all that out.

I've now changed the name as suggested to islacanelaholidays.com

The video I have was created by someone who used to run another website and I can't work out how to redo it without the intro showing their domain name? Any suggestions for editing it?

I have the upload section on my contact page as I was just playing with idea they could upload booking form.

I've just managed to get secure payment system on my homeaway.co. uk advert . It shows a shield saying can use their secure booking system. Would it make it confusing to link
to this?

X
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Vast improvement already. You work fast!

Some things I noticed:

The video has no thumbnail image or even a title. The alignment of both the photo thumbnails and the video on this page seems unfinished.

On the contact form it offers to let me upload a 20MB file. What are you expecting to receive here? (Edit: I see you were maybe expecting a booking form - People will find printing/scanning/uploading a form too complex)

20% of the website is dedicated to "Directions" The info here I would expect to be hidden behind the password section. By all means show a map of where you are eg. a Google map but no need for turn by turn directions from the airport. Directions are only supplied to actual guests.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Now ive gone into the advance seetings and they are asking for a title for each page, footer and meta tags????
CSE

Post by CSE »

This is what I was talking about in your old version.
viewtopic.php?p=238324#238324
This is what Google says.
http://support.google.com/webmasters/bi ... swer=79812
More information:
http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/metatags.shtml
AMC

Post by AMC »

wow great advice casasantoestevo
I think sazzleevans would have been struggling a considerably without your help. Little tips here & there make a world of difference, one problem on the forum is that people are all too often willing to criticise for the sake of it without been helpful.
You have restored a little faith.
CSE

Post by CSE »

AMC, thanks for the kind words, but most of the input has been written by other members of the forum. That is what makes this one of the better forums I write on. LMH has some of the most genuine helpful bunch I have come across on the interweb. :D
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

AMC wrote:one problem on the forum is that people are all too often willing to criticise for the sake of it without been helpful.
You have restored a little faith.
That's a bit harsh. People come onto LMH and ask for a critique of their websites, often without contributing anything before or after to this forum. There are very few of us who are experts on website design so we just point out the things that could be improved regarding the holiday rental content. None of us get anything for taking the time to look at a website and offer our opinions and often there is no thanks either.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Very true LV, I do agree with you on that one.
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

I'm v greatful. I'd be very happy with harsh. Better than feeding me sweet medicine and me bit getting the point!
AMC

Post by AMC »

Looks like i need to eat a little humble pie here.
Ok ok ok, i take it back, everyone has helped them no end and it is clear that the advice that has been given has been invaluable :)
My coment had been based on one or two other subjects that i had seen on occasion. I shall think twice before dishing out a negative again. Please don't think it was aimed at any of you personally, it wasn't.