Just for fun......

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
peyre blanque

Just for fun......

Post by peyre blanque »

When children (any age as long as they're with their parents) stay we arrange to have a bear in their bed awaiting them. There's a label explaining that life's been a bit lonely waiting for the guest and 'would you please look after me and take me home with you'.
So we thought it might be a good promotional idea to make a 'short' and put it on you tube. Is it a bit risque...or just good fun?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIHwRGKc5bY
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I think that is so cute! It's a great idea.

But . . . those dialogue boxes are, imho, so cheesy - they're really irritating. Definitely too many mentions of "Villa Toto" - remember less is more, be subtle and leave it to your end-credits.

The ideas are great, but I would sharpen up the text boxes quite a lot - after all, it's the adults who are paying for the hol, so get them amused and you're halfway there.

Hone it just a bit and it'll be great. Well done.

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Mozzie

Post by Mozzie »

Great idea! Love the idea of the kids getting to take home the bear too! Remember people's attention span is short these days when it comes to watching stuff so I would suggest you speed it up or shorten it quite a bit.
tavi

Post by tavi »

I think it's adorable.

Could be shortened a tiny bit but great fun for all ages.

:)
kg1

Post by kg1 »

I love it. I want one.Especially when he winks.

Had a b**** awful day and this made me really smile. Thank you.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I think it is a terrific idea and I don't find it cheesy! Perhaps people are right when they say shorten it a bit but it held my attention to the end. Well done!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Agree with all that's been said so far. I loved it! Cute and endearing, just a little shorter please. Think I would lose the bit including the bathroom though. :wink:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

As a fully decorated Miserable Old Git, I really liked it. I can see what others are saying about cutting it a bit, but I'd lose the salad scene and keep the bathroom bit; I don't go mad for salad, but the bathroom bit answers a very important question...... especially as the question as to whether bears wear wetsuits was answered some time ago.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Love the music!
Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

Well I thought the whole thing was innovative, amusing and hit a spot. "Do bears **** in the wood", a really good twist. I suppose there is an argument for making it shorter but I was fixed all the way through. Go with GB, if you want to delete anything, then yes the salad, who wants to look at rabbit food. How did you get the bear to wink...made I chuckle..

Excellent well done you. Leave it as it is....

Rog
Deary me am I real.

www.holiday-rentals.com/52179
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Rogthedodge wrote:Well I thought the whole thing was innovative, amusing and hit a spot. "Do bears **** in the wood", a really good twist.
Indeed they do, and some very important information can be discovered from a quick examination.

Teddy may be safe enough to approach, but that's not the case with all bears. Black bears will generally only attack when startled, and in areas where bears are present hikers, hunters and fishermen are advised to take extra precautions and wear noise-producing devices, such as little bells, on their clothing to alert the bears of their approach and not startle them unexpectedly. They are also advised to carry pepper spray, in case of an encounter with a bear.

It is also a good idea to watch for signs of bear activity, and to recognise where grizzly bears are present, as these are far more aggressive than black bears. Before venturing into areas inhabited by bears, people should learn to recognise the difference between black bear and grizzly bear droppings:

Black bear droppings are small and contain berries and possibly squirrel fur.

Grizzly bear droppings have little bells in them and smell of pepper spray.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

Greenbarn wrote: Grizzly bear droppings have little bells in them and smell of pepper spray.
:D Another little gem from GB - thanks for making me smile!

I love the video - and it would make me want to stay there - just because you clearly have a sense of humour! Don't change it one bit for me - it's perfect!

(and I want to know how you make teddy wink, too!)
pambon

Post by pambon »

GB, you are a treasure! Don't go down to the woods today, please!!
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

I think it's brilliant !! The wink did it for me

Loved the whole lot but the text bubbles could be sharper

Could this be the next Internet Sensation ?

:P :P :P
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

peyre blanque

Post by peyre blanque »

Well thanks to all you previewers and your kind comments:
Too long - yes, it was supposed to last 1'30'', but the length was governed by the music (which was 'clipped' as much as it could be anyway).
Bears and woods - Hmm - as GB says it's a talking point, and does raise a bit of a smile.
Kyreniagirl - to make the bear wink you need a clever stepson who is does animation: glad it made you smile.
We're off to the Cannes festival now.........
pip pip