How Long Do You Wait Before Re-Listing After Missed Balance?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

oasiscouple wrote:Paying the balance 8 weeks in advance when booking direct with owners in France is perfectly normal and accepted by all nationalities.
I'm afraid I still get French guests who question this and expect to pay the balance on arrival. In fact, 30 days in advance is more normal in France than 8 weeks (this is what Gites de France ask for now).
Welcome to the forum btw oasiscouple - I think I'm right in saying that you are the first property owners on this forum to offer accommodation in a naturist resort. About time! May I ask what nationalities you tend to get most of booking for the naturist holiday?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

LV, I've only ever had one person question this in 6 years, They booked online 2 weeks before arrival, and wanted to pay 100% in cash when they arrived. Everyone else has accepted the conditions.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Hi la vache! Thanks for the comment. This is our second year since we bought the apartment. We get all our bookings through Locasun which is quite good as it is seen in various European countries. Nationalities so far have been British, French, German, Swiss and Belgian.

We have been renting out the house now for 10 years and have about half and half British and French and just had one French family 4 years ago who didn’t want to pay the balance 8 weeks ahead so in the end they didn't book. We have had two French families who paid the total at the time of booking instead of just the deposit.

http://www.locasun.fr/?a=16058
http://www.locasun.fr/?a=81832
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rental ... ande/80285
http://ezinearticles.com/?Naturist-Holi ... id=7306175
http://www.naturistholidays.fr
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

Just off to check the gallery now !!
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

Mozzie

Post by Mozzie »

What a great idea for a holiday - especially with the airlines restricting luggage so much these days.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mozzie, you may not know this but naturism is big here in France - there are a lot of naturist beaches, all of which are popular with all ages and with families. And there are naturist campsites even here in the Pyrenées.

I'm a big fan and will always choose a naturist beach over a 'textile' one, though I've never stayed at any of the naturist resorts in Leucate. But who knows - your apartment looks lovely, oasiscouple, and it's gone into my bookmarks. And I promise not to make a fuss about paying up 8 weeks in advance :lol:
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

I think paying 8 weeks in advance is a good idea for a Naturist holiday

After all where would you keep the cash ?
:) :)
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:lol:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mozzie

Post by Mozzie »

Finally an email from my hopefully future guests requesting further time as they are struggling with numbers - they are over my maximum and have been trying to get me to let them have a larger number. I told them initially I thought my place was too small for their group but they still booked so.... I have even offered to help them find extra room right next door but they want everyone in my place. Gave them till the end of the day but can't increase my number for them.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

They wouldn't be trying a wee bit of blackmail would they?
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Mozzie wrote:What a great idea for a holiday - especially with the airlines restricting luggage so much these days.
Perhaps a tongue in cheek comment Mozzie, but actually we had a couple from England who flew "conair" from Stanstead to Perpignan and then took a taxi for the 20 minute ride from the airport to the apartment arriving with one suitcase between them.

At the end of their holiday, they went the same way back.

http://www.locasun.fr/?a=81832

http://www.naturistholidays.fr
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Mozzie wrote:Finally an email from my hopefully future guests requesting further time as they are struggling with numbers - they are over my maximum and have been trying to get me to let them have a larger number. I told them initially I thought my place was too small for their group but they still booked so.... I have even offered to help them find extra room right next door but they want everyone in my place. Gave them till the end of the day but can't increase my number for them.
Are you sure you still want these guests? :roll: Excess numbers and non payment of balance doesn't sound too promising. :(
Fleur
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Fleur wrote:
Are you sure you still want these guests? :roll: Excess numbers and non payment of balance doesn't sound too promising. :(
My feeling as well, and call me a miserable old cynic but I really don't like the sound of:
Mozzie wrote: this is a church group and I am dealing with the minister
What's a church minister doing away from his church at Christmas........ :?
Mozzie

Post by Mozzie »

Good points guys!
Well, now I will look forward to a new enquiry for this period as no email (again) and no funds received.
It has been fab having y'all (Texas contraction) along with me for the ride - thanks buddies.

Greenbarn - he was bringing the members with him! Nice idea actually.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Mozzie wrote:Good points guys!
Well, now I will look forward to a new enquiry for this period as no email (again) and no funds received.
It has been fab having y'all (Texas contraction) along with me for the ride - thanks buddies.

Greenbarn - he was bringing the members with him! Nice idea actually.
This has a hint of a "scam" about it :roll:
Fleur