Feedback required

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Nik

Feedback required

Post by Nik »

Hi all

We'd be really grateful if you would give us your opinion and feedback on our website.

www.la-blanquette.com

Many thanks.

Nik
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Hi. No expert on websites but I want to come! It looks lovely. Just one thing I noticed, on the gites I couldn't get the 'more pictures' bit to load on either. Maybe because I am using an iPad?
Nik

Post by Nik »

Thanks kyreniagirl!

Hhhhmmmm, yes, the image page isn't working. :oops: We're onto it!!
Nik

Post by Nik »

The photos page is up and running again.
B&B netherlands

Post by B&B netherlands »

i had the same problem with the photos earlier tonight! good you were able to fix it.

website looks great, very inviting. beautiful property, well done!

welcome aboard LMH by the way.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

A game of two halves with your photographs. The photo coverage of your gites and camping facilities is excellent, with crisp, elegant and informative shots (although most of the interiors are a tad dark on my screen). The slideshow works well – especially like the jolly whippets at play! These pictures portray your property to advantage and will, I’m sure, attract many visitors.

But selling your property is only part of the story; selling your local area is why people will come – and your local area is immensely rich. Sadly, the photo coverage of your local attractions isn’t in the same ballpark as your property pix. The dark, rainy picture of St Cyprien market, the Randonnee shot with the fence post up the middle of the frame and others … are disappointing.

The 'personal experience' writing, too, needs sharpening:
... There is also a Via Ferrata parcours which we haven’t tried yet but is something we hope to do next year.
... Unfortunately the day was a little rainy when we visited so less busy …
... We have had mixed reports of the Grotte and will report back once we have visited.

I’m surprised that you highlight lovely but remote Carcassonne (too far away for guests to visit without an overnight stay) but omit any mention of the amazing - and local - Vezere Valley and all its world-class prehistoric sites and decorated caves (great new Visitors Centre in Les Eyzies) or sporty attractions like the ‘walking in the trees’ Airparcs, which our guests' children love with a passion.

If the above sounds harsh, I don’t mean to be. Having such a stunning property in a great location with Gite/B+B/Camping strings to your bow gives you a huge competitive advantage. Just think the site isn’t yet doing justice to what you have on offer.
Jim
Nik

Post by Nik »

B&B netherlands wrote:i had the same problem with the photos earlier tonight! good you were able to fix it.

website looks great, very inviting. beautiful property, well done!

welcome aboard LMH by the way.
Thank you! :D
Nik

Post by Nik »

Thanks for your advice Jimbo, you weren't harsh by any means.

All of your points are good ones and have been taken on board. Oh except for us not mentioning an air park! Squirrel Forest is listed on the local attractions but the fact that you didn't spot it has led us to conclude the title doesn't sell it as such, and so will be changed.

Thanks again.