Please have a look at our website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
pennyayers

Please have a look at our website

Post by pennyayers »

Hi everyone,

Following our message last year about what type of property you felt it best to buy we finally got a one bedroom apartment in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of EL GOUNA. We would be very grateful if you could take a look at it - it is very basic, but has lots of photos, as we think they say more than words can.

www.elgounaescape.co.uk

Many thanks for your time.

Penny
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Penny,

I think the pictures give a fabulous atmosphere to the place but they do slow things down too much. Perhaps you could optimise them a bit more.

Alan
Ju

Post by Ju »

Nice site, but the pictures are slow to load even on Broadband. Also when you go into the "Apartment" page it opens in a new window, which is not really necessary within the same site.

Ju
pennyayers

Post by pennyayers »

Thanks for your comments. However, very puzzled as to why you both seem to have problems with the speed of the photos, as tried to open it from three different computers (all with broadband) and the photos appear almost immediately. Also the other window opening on the apartment page is not happening here, it just opens like just the rest!! Anyone any ideas why we're all seeing it differently? Thanks

Penny
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

Nice site, also ck=hecked site, pictures do take a while to load .

paul
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Lots of pictures! The 3rd page took a while to load but the others were fine ( broadband). I think a bit more text would be good to go with the pictures.It looks like a good place to be :D
Martha

Post by Martha »

Looks like a lovely place! I agree that a bit of text to go with the pictures would be good - so you know what you're looking at e.g "view from the shady terrace" "diving at the nearby reef" etc.
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »

looks like a delightful place, id love to have a dip in that lagoon myself....sigh!

Now, ahem, the site:

Main problem is the images which need to be optimised (their file size made smaller while retaining most quality). At the very least ensure they are the correct resolution for the space they require, no point using a massive image for a thumbnail display.

Id think about adding some mroe eyecandy and introducing some rounded elements to give a more inviting feel.

Let me stay in the apartment for a week and ill re do the site for nothing!!!!

:D
pennyayers

Post by pennyayers »

Thanks for all your comments, I'll get my daughter who knows much more than me about web design, to have a look at it when she gets time. If all else fails I may take TravelPixel up on the offer!!
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »

pennyayers wrote:Thanks for all your comments, I'll get my daughter who knows much more than me about web design, to have a look at it when she gets time. If all else fails I may take TravelPixel up on the offer!!
:D :D 8)
pinkeyemedia

Post by pinkeyemedia »

Hello,

Yes nice place and a good site. I am all for sites with pics. Your home page loaded fine (I use 1MB broadband) but it was the other pages that were slow to load! Perhaps you can reduce the size (ie in KB) of the pics, especially as they are not that large so you wouldnt reduce the clarity. :lol:
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

I like the site gives you a sense of being on hols with the colours etc. I found the images took a while to load too. Have you thought of the need for a links page as well?

SARAH