Scheduling Lawn Mowing

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Mozzie

Scheduling Lawn Mowing

Post by Mozzie »

I am wondering how you schedule your lawn mowing when you have guests in for 2 consecutive weeks?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I try and cut the day before new guests arrive so it looks and in the spring/early summer it needs to be cut weekly.
Because of the weather here and the fact there are 3 gites it isn't always possible to do it when people are out either. But I've never had any complaints about it, or for the hedge cutting that has to be done in May/June. It is just one of those things when you have a big garden.
elena

Post by elena »

Like LV we try to make sure the grass is cut Fri / Sat am so it looks good for new arrivals. Between the pitch & putt and the grounds we have too much grass to stick to a schedule and usually try to catch the opportunities when they arise & according to the weather forecast eg cutting different sections when most of the guests on that side are out, mid morning before lunch, etc.

If we have to mow when people are around we always ask if it's ok first just to make sure we're not disturbing them. Most people want to see a neat lawn & realize the work has to be done.

Elena
Dordogne holiday cottages
Tales from our Dordogne gites
keep in touch with Les Crouquets on Facebook
follow us on pinterest
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

We also try to cut the grass before new arrivals but with flexible arrival/departure days it's rarely possible to do it with no guests around. Because of where we are some of the 'cleaning' of the garden involves a brushcutter, not just a lawn mower, and has to be done twice a week in May and June as everything grows an inch a day!

We try to do it when guests are out but sometimes that's just not possible, so like the others who've responded we often have to work around people. As LV says, it's one of those things.

It may just make a difference that we (like LV and elena) live on site so people are used to seeing us around - we're outside most days working on the potager or elsewhere anyway; in stand alone accommodation where the guest never sees an owner, cleaner or gardener I can see that mowing might feel more intrusive.
silvio

Post by silvio »

A friend suggested to get several sheep to the job, would it work ?

www.papayagarden-dianibeach.co.uk
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

What about a robot mower?
Pessimists only get positive surprises.
sheesh

Post by sheesh »

MY OH will, one day, I am sure, invent a remote control for the ride-on mower so he can sit on the terrace with a cool drink!

Sheesh