Facebook Business site

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Normandy Cow

Facebook Business site

Post by Normandy Cow »

I've finally started to create a facebook business page for our gite (I know, I know, I'm very behind :oops: )

I really am not having any success though - can't even get past the first hurdle!

I have created it via https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php and started to create it as a "Local Business", but it won't let me get past that first page because it keeps saying that "phone Number is not valid". Whatever I do, it won't let me add anything!

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, can you give me any advice. Thanks.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I think it has to be a phone number of the country your business is located, so a UK number won't work for a French gite. I used my apartment managers number I think.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Just checked my own page, I have my mobile number listed, so that's not it. I may have been thinking about my Google listing.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Of course! I bet that's it!

Does this number have to be displayed on the Facebook site?

We do have a landline at the house, but i don't want guests to have to man the phones for me! :shock:

If it does have to be on the home page, and if it does, can I put the French one on, then change it to the English one?

Or should I not be listing it as a "local business"?
What do most LMHers do?
sheesh

Post by sheesh »

I just checked mine - there is an drop-down box for phone or no phone options. Does yours have a little down arrow to the right?

We live on site, so I have the french landline number on my fb page, but I've yet to receive a call from a potential guest...

Sheesh

PS My page is set up as local business
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

We're listed as category "Companies and Organizations" sub-category "Travel/Leisure" rather than "Local Business"

Can you leave the phone number field blank?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Me too. Haven't got a phone number on there.

Being listed under Companies and organisations is better than Local Business, imho, because you can put a link to your website in the 'snippet' bit under the header picture. I changed from the latter to the former for that reason.