Newbie looking for advice

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Vanessa

Newbie looking for advice

Post by Vanessa »

We are building a vacation villa in SW Florida. Have website and am listed on several sites. Have received inquiries for extended stay rentals 4-8 weeks during peak season. Should I offer extended stay discount and be assured of occupancy or risk it and hold out for full price weekly stays during peak season? The villa is located in an area with many vacation rental homes near golf & beaches. Draws alot of visitors from UK in fact many homes are owned by UK residents. Local management company says could rent homes 1000 times over Jan-March. Whereas, I'm new to this I'm nervous about keeping villa occupied.
Website photos are taken from model home. Our home will be finished by September. I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Look for the positive!
Marion

Post by Marion »

Here in Nice on the Riviera we only take short term bookings in the high season, with a maximum of 3 weeks, but our usual let is 1 week with several 2 weeks in the high season. I may sometimes give a discount of 5% for a 2 or 3 week booking depending on the number of people. I don't know what your market is like, but it may well be that your most likely client is someone who is taking time out from the English weather for a month or more.
Could you perhaps canvasse some of the other villa owners in your area, perhaps ask them direct or send off enquiries to a few and see what response you get.
I know how nerve racking it can be, especially in your first year. I'm now in my 4th and still racked with doubt on which bookings to take.
Good luck with your new venture and I hope the build goes well. I am sure you will enjoy it when finished.
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Hello Vanessa - and good luck with your first season. Good to hear that you are getting enquiries already. Hope they work out really well for you.

My only word of warning with regard to enquiries for long-term lets of more than two weeks is : "are they genuine?". I say this because I occasionally get emails wanting a long term let(usually high season and usually from Pastor Soandso or someone who is getting married whose boss has given him a 6 week holiday as a wedding present). Afraid I don't even answer them as most of them are scams.

I hope all yours are genuine enquiries. :D
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Vanessa,

Discounting high session is not a good idea. You have a limited period to make your money and the weeks will go in any case. Hold on for the right price.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com