How do you like my website?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
walter901

How do you like my website?

Post by walter901 »

Hi,

I've just started up my website on http://www.lanoria.nl

It's a spanish villa and I like to rent it out for the summer.

I thought of a way to make the pictures bigger, so that will still come. Do you guys have any other suggestions?

thanks!
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Hi Walter,

I think your site looks very good. I like the style and the pictures aren't too small, though if there was a way of enlarging individual images it would be a bonus.

I have a couple of points: in the English version the first lines don't read well. Correct English would be "Welcome to the website..." (I visit a hotel bar in Amsterdam which says "welcome at the..." bar so you're not alone!!). Also "The exact translation of "La Noria" is inexhaustible well." . I think you're trying to say 'there is no exact translation of "La Noria"'.

I couldn't find the number of bedrooms - you only say it sleeps 4/5.

I was slightly confused about your "deposits". You need to distinguish between "the deposit" which most people take to mean the amount they have to pay to confirm their booking, and the "damage deposit", which is the amount they get refunded if they haven't broken anything.
Finally you have a picture of a bathroom on the prices page which shows the seat of the toilet raised. It would be better to show it in the lowered position - in the UK, men leave the toilet seat up and their ladies are always telling them to put it down when they've finished!

I hope this helps. Javea is a lovely area and the villa looks very pleasant.
Chalky

Ju

Post by Ju »

Chalky wrote:Also "The exact translation of "La Noria" is inexhaustible well." . I think you're trying to say 'there is no exact translation of "La Noria"'.
I read this to mean that the translation is "a well which doesn't run dry" ie it is inexhaustable. Perhaps I am wrong!

I agree with the above comments, especially about the number of bedrooms.

Also the link to Location, gives the details of the property. In English Location usually mean the surrounding area, and a link entitled "Villa" would be better for the description of the property.

Ju
walter901

thanks guys

Post by walter901 »

Thanks guys

I changed the website, so it should look better now. The bathroom picture I have to retake ;)

any other suggestions?

regards,
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Ju,
I read this to mean that the translation is "a well which doesn't run dry" ie it is inexhaustable.
I'm sure you're right. I don't know why I didn't read it that way :?
Chalky

A-two

Re: thanks guys

Post by A-two »

walter901 wrote:The bathroom picture I have to retake ;)

any other suggestions?

regards,
Delete the bathroom picture. Photographs of toilets are not attractive even with the seat down. Prospective guests know you have one and don't need to imagine themselves sitting on it!!!! I don't show any bathroom pictures at all and wouldn't show this one either, it's just not necessary.

Happy Easter!
Martha

Post by Martha »

It looks good, it's always good to see a nice big picture. Maybe you could change the big picture on the other pages, if you have some more?

Small typo - "bedlinen" not "bedlinnen" :)

And it would perhaps be nice to know a little about yourselves...
pinkeyemedia

Post by pinkeyemedia »

I like your site a lot too. My only input would be to suggest adding a gallery page to showcase all your images, which people can click on and enlarge. I think the pics around the rest of your site are spot on for size, you dont need to change them, but by adding a gallery page, people can have a look at them in more detail.

Just my two pennies worth. :lol:
civory@toucansurf.com

Post by civory@toucansurf.com »

Good initial impact - but you don't really need the main large picture on every page - because then people have to scroll down for everything and that's a bit annoying!

Also you should polish up the English a little - for example you say "Exclusive" when you mean "Not included".

Otherwise very nice and clear.

Chris