Advice On Wedding Booking

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Mozzie

Advice On Wedding Booking

Post by Mozzie »

I have been reading the past posts brought up with wedding in search on the forum and noticed that some of you have had experience renting your places out for weddings. I have been approached to do this at my place as it has a large, flat section suitable for a marquee. I would very much welcome any advice from those who have done this. I have asked for more specifics as to numbers of guests and plans for what they have in mind to get a clearer picture of what they intend - waiting for that and will add it here when I get it.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I have no experience of it with a holiday rental, but I organised it for my own wedding at our home. Masses of work and lots to think about, so tread carefully.

Adequate parking, toilet facilities, kitchen & cooking facilities are the major issues to think about, let alone what you might charge!
Mozzie

Post by Mozzie »

Thanks Nemo - I wouldn't be directly involved - just renting my spaces so they could use it for a "small" wedding.
Martha

Post by Martha »

I would be very very wary. Our permission for a "small" wedding party was completely abused and we found out by accident when they hired a DJ and PA who was a friend of ours. Wedding venues cost thousands because the work (and wear and tear) is so huge.

People often think hiring a big house would be a cheaper solution and then you're left to find out why it's so much money to hire a venue! Also you may well find that things "walk" with so many people going through the house. We lost a lot of stuff (like all our good champagne glasses). I'm sure it wasn't deliberate but with so many staff, caterers etc around, people scoop up stuff....

Having said that we later allowed a good friend to have a wedding here, and all went well, but he's French and they don't have the culture of big drinking at weddings that the British unfortunately do.

edit - thread here in case you didn't see! :)
viewtopic.php?t=15357
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Renting your space yes, but it still impacts on your property & its vicinity. Depending on numbers is there enough parking around? Will they be expecting to use your bathroom facilities or hiring posh portaloos? Will they want to use your kitchen?

So you may think it won't involve you but I suspect it will! As Martha says be very very wary!
Mozzie

Post by Mozzie »

Ok, thanks girls! Think I will take a deep breath and say no thank you!!! It is for New Year's too so I won't have trouble renting the time. Appreciate your thoughts.