Creating a Facebook page for your business Part 2 2013

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

That's amazing Cleveland, considering how few likes you have at this stage. Well done! I'm still awaiting my first enquiry, but there's more liking and interaction happening in the meantime!
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

I know - I'm stunned as I've got hardly any likes and I've only just started working on it this week! :o

Maybe this will be the only enquiry I ever get. :lol:

And I mustn't speak too soon as it hasn't converted to a booking yet.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Fingers crossed for you, Cleveland - really hope it works out. Was it an enquiry from a perfect stranger, as it were?

I've just liked you too. And as a former north Norfolk dweller (Cley) it's particularly good to keep in touch with your posts!
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

Thanks French Cricket - will like you too! Cley is beautiful. I know this is slightly off topic but there's a great walk there from Blakeney across the marshes....

The enquirer said they'd seen it on a friend's facebook page. Which is I guess how it works!

I have to confess I don't really know how it all works. I use facebook a lot for personal stuff but am only just finding out the potential for business, and the LMH forum is really useful in that respect.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Just in case you haven´t seen this:

"Facebook Page Insights Reporting Update

As part of our ongoing investment in Page Insights we recently completed a comprehensive engineering audit of the product. During this audit, we uncovered bugs that impacted impression and reach reporting. We have confirmed that these issues impacted reporting only and not delivery. Ad Insights were not impacted by these bugs.

As soon as we found the bugs, our engineering team began work to resolve them as quickly as possible. We're rolling out fixes beginning this morning and over the weekend.

The actual impact of the bugs will vary from Page to Page and day to day based on a number of factors such as when and how frequently you post. To see the overall impact, if any, on your individual Pages, we recommend looking at your organic, paid and viral reach and impressions for your Page and for your posts over the next few weeks, starting on Monday, February 25. Because these bugs impacted our logging systems we won't be able to backfill Page Insights with historical data.

Overall, we expect most Pages to see:

Total reach to stay the same or increase for most Pages
An increase in paid reach if you ran News Feed ads
An increase or decrease in organic reach, depending on many factors such as the composition of your fan base, when and how often you post and your spending patterns
A change in metrics computed from reach and impressions, such as engagement rate and virality

We know that accurate data is fundamental to building and improving your Facebook presence. We are taking this very seriously. We have already put a number of additional quality and verification measures in place to prevent future bugs and resolve them quickly if they arise.

We appreciate your patience and we are committed to constantly improving and investing in the quality of Page Insights. "
If not now, when?
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

ok I've lost the plot! I have set up a page for the business, how do I post on other pages as that business?? Have they changed it so I can't?? Seems to post as me and not the business page
maxineb

Post by maxineb »

Roxytoo, You need to be using Facebook as your page to post as your business. You can also change your settings by clicking edit page then click Update Info, you will then see a list on the left you will need to click the top one Your settings then change the Posting preferences.

I hope that helps
maxineb

Post by maxineb »

There is a page on Facebook set up to help promote holiday rentals and related pages.
https://www.facebook.com/HikeThoseHolidays
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

In order to post on other pages as your business (rather than yourself), you need to click on the little gear/settings icon in the upper right corner and select "Use Facebook As..." <your page>.

roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Thanks!
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

A simple FB question (we are just starting a page for our place in Sicily as a start to our "decoupling" from OD/HA)

Do I HAVE to log into my personal FB account first before creating a page for our business?

Will all my personal FB friends know of this business (which I'm not really keen on at all)?

Can I just open a FB business page only without being personally connected to it?

Kind regards

Seaturtle
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

seaturtle wrote:A simple FB question (we are just starting a page for our place in Sicily as a start to our "decoupling" from OD/HA)

Do I HAVE to log into my personal FB account first before creating a page for our business?

Will all my personal FB friends know of this business (which I'm not really keen on at all)?

Can I just open a FB business page only without being personally connected to it?

Kind regards

Seaturtle
Yes, you have to have a profile in order to create a page. Anyone viewing the page has no visibility of your personal profile. The page is not immediately visible to your friends unless you want it to be.

However, you can convert a profile into a page but this would transfer all your friends into people who liked your page. Probably not what you want.

What are you hiding anyway? 8)
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Many thanks for the thoughts & advice.

We'd simply prefer to keep our business & personal lives separate.

As others may have experienced - not everyone of our FB "friends" is able to remain positive & objective towards a "business in the sun" that we have risked for & is working.

Really appreciate the help anyway.

Seaturtle
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Set up another profile, linked to a different email address and then don't use it other than for business. Facebook has changed much since this thread. I was exactly like you and wanted to keep everything separate. Now social media is all about the person behind the business. People buy into you, not just your accommodation.