New Cottage Videos

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.

What do you think of my cottage videos?

Fantastic, you rock!
81%
Good idea but the videos could be better.
No votes
Rubbish idea, you suck.
5%
Get a haircut.
14%

Total votes: 21

Gwion

Post by Gwion »

Here's my latest video. Getting there do you think?

http://youtu.be/lFVt6rzajdU?hd=1

I tried to take some of your comments onboard.
Sitting down with mug in hand to stop me putting the hands in pockets and some wider more informative shots. I forgot to make a note of Essars ideas for different shots and couldn't remember them, annoyingly. Next time.
Tavi, I think you might be right about the talking bit. This latest one is definitely too long. I think I'm going to keep them at the beginning for now but make them much shorter and punchier.
Still room for improvement, I know, but would love to hear any more thoughts. (I've bought myself a new light for the next one.)
Gwion
Self Catering Accommodation
http://dioni.co.uk
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Really like it!
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
booboo

Post by booboo »

Loved your videos! Made me want to book.

You come across as very friendly and laid back.

I liked the running water.

I must say.... I don't like the hands in the pockets!
Windy

Post by Windy »

LOL in the second one you look cold - you should try putting your hands in your pockets ;-)

I liked them - good personal connection and nice videography.

Nice use of the trackslider - what are you using for the tripod and slider out of interest?

I'd like to see more outdoor shots I think.
onestep

Post by onestep »

I like it a lot! Really beautiful cottage, & the video looks great - you should be v proud :)

... If I have to critique it, the lack of facial hair at the end jarred a bit ;)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Great!

The with beard and then without is a little disconcerting, so I would try to have one or the other!

I didn't think it was too long at all. The panning timing is about right and there wouldn't be much you could cut I'd suggest.

Like Windy I too would love to see more of outside, particularly with this one if it has four acres. I want to imagine myself in all that space - not many people get access to that sort of land unless it's a public park (not us southerners anyway and probably a huge proportion of the UK!)
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

Your videos definitely Rock! loved both of them, great music, great views of the homes, will have to show my nephew in law so he can do something like this for me :D .

Thanks for sharing. Never thought of visiting Wales before but this tempts me....

Wendy

p.s. only voted once but both videos deserve the "rock" vote
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
Gwion

Post by Gwion »

Thank you for all the positive comments. It really helps as I was a little unsure about the value of these videos, so your posts are very encouraging.

Here's a big question. Do I make the videos more prominent on the property pages? If you look at http://dioni.co.uk/the-coach-house/ you'll see the video about half way down the page, but I could naturally move it to the top and do away with that first main image. Should I be that brave?

Windy / Nemo. I see your point about the beard. One of the weird things about these videos is that I have to consider my appearance for a change. More outside shots added to my to do list.

Windy. I use the Glidetrack HD mounted on two cheap tripods from ebay for the tracking shots. I also have a Manfrotto 701HDV fluid head on 055XPROB legs. I'm very happy with the legs, not sure if the fluid head was worth the money. (Yes, I was cold.)

Wendy. Good discounts for LMH members and tell your nephew to get in touch if he wants any tips.
Self Catering Accommodation
http://dioni.co.uk
lorca

Post by lorca »

Just wast say I think your little films are just great Gwion - very professionally filmed as well as informative. And you have a great personal style, friendly, relaxed and welcoming. The best of luck with them.

Not sure about the positioning on the webpage, but I suggest you give it a title, just to draw attention to it.
If not now, when?
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

Technically I really enjoyed the unique perspectives.
Would have liked the views of the rooms to last a touch longer and another poster mentioned more of the overall shots of the living area and kitchen... and enjoyed the running tap water very unique.

PS Are you a professional or did you have professional assistance.
Kate
USA
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

Wow - I think the video is really good!

I think potential customers will love it. No criticisms from me at all and I think I'll have to do one for our cottages now!

Did you do this all yourself and if so how/any particular camera/software etc.?

I'd like to do a similar video but am scared of making a mess of it!
Ross Hugo

Post by Ross Hugo »

This is really good.

In these days of the corporates taking over, I think personalisation like this is really important. Video is also the future!

Well done.
Ross Hugo
Peggymac

Post by Peggymac »

I quite liked the hands in pockets style- very Brian Cox! :D Was a little taken aback by the running tap and then thought Ok, that's the view from the kitchen sink and decided that's why you did it!

Anyway, it has certainly got me thinking about our video which is very heavy breathing and blundering around...
Peggy and Lionel

Always do Cooking, Bed Making and Website design with Love and the rest will follow.
www.casteldecantobre.co.uk
www.casteldecantobre.fr
www.facebook.com/CastelDeCantobre