Insurance?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
LeanneA

Insurance?

Post by LeanneA »

Following on from my previous thread about holiday letting my flat, I am still looking into costs to achieve this, to help me get my head around whether it is going to be profitable.

Been looking for insurance quotes - only need contents and PL as building policy if covered by the freeholder.

Anyone have any recommendations please? So far, had a couple of very competitive quotes from Towergate and Schofields, but need to firm up the flooding issues with them as there are going to be exemptions on the cover.

Also, is it a requirement to display the certificate in the property? I work for a pre-school and we have to show our certificate where anyone accessing the property can see it, but does that also apply to holiday let? Could I just include a copy in the Welcome Pack, or does it need to be on the wall somewhere?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Here's a couple of threads with a few names interspersed amongst them. If you put your keywords into the search function (such as property, house, insurance etc) with "and" between them that helps filter the search. Others find using Google better. Type Lay My Hat and then your keywords.

viewtopic.php?t=18455

viewtopic.php?t=16782
LeanneA

Post by LeanneA »

Thank you.

Will have a look through those thread later when I can sit and take it all in properly!