FB likes

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
lorca

Post by lorca »

[/quote Nemo]Lorca I think you are talking about things appearing in your newsfeed not on your timeline? Your timeline is your wall, whereas the newsfeed is where things from pages you've liked appears. Does that make sense? :?[/quote]

Oh I thought I understood FB but I guess I don´t....

I have a personal page and a business page. I "like" other LMH business pages from my personal page. When I log into my personal page I get their news :) . I can choose to hide it or not- mostly I don´t cos I find it interesting to see what other LMH folk post. Sometimes I will like or even share it. I would never post something directly on another LMH business´s wall about my own business (as opposed to them getting my posts on their personal page if the haven´t hidden me....)

I have no idea what the following means Nemo

[/quote Nemo] "Etiquette wise it's generally best to tag your page name if posting from your personal profile, but do not post a link to your page as that is blatant advertising. This is when posting on a wall."[/quote]

I guess I´m just FB dyslexic
:( ... or just plain stupid :? :? :?
If not now, when?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ok the best way I can explain it is: you go to a new page & post on its timeline from your personal profile but you want them to know your page name. I would type @NorfolkCoastalHolidays & fb would make those words blue and they would be a live link to my page. That's acceptable.

Alternatively I can type my Facebook link starting with www or my website; again starting with www. Both these methods would bring up a link with a preview. This is effectively an advert for my business & that's what's frowned upon by dedicated facebookers!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

lorca wrote: What I´m talking about is when another LMH businesses specifically post something on my business´s timeline advertising/promoting their own property.
Does this make sense :?
Lorca, do you mean when they 'cold call' - in other words post something from scratch on your business timeline - rather than just comment on something you've posted?

PS I had no idea what Nemo meant either. Actually, I'm not sure I do in spite of the explanation :roll: Why is the first acceptable and the second not?
lorca

Post by lorca »

I think I understand ....I think tagging this sense is something to do with twitter, which I don´t do because if I spent any more time in the virtual world I would have no life at all apart from cleaning properties.

Anyway, I wouldn´t dream of advertising my properties on another property owner´s business page (in any form) and don´t like it when it´s done to me. If I "like", share or comment on their posts it´s because I want to be supportive. I thought that was the point of LMH "like swapping" anyway.
If not now, when?
revdev

Post by revdev »

lorca wrote:Sorry, this is complicated. I´m more than happy to have other LMH business´s posts appearing on my personal timeline. I find it interesting to see what other LMH members are posting and happy to like/share them now and again.

What I´m talking about is when another LMH businesses specifically post something on my business´s timeline advertising/promoting their own property.

Does this make sense :?
Lorca, are you (in a roundabout sort of way) referring to my post on your timeline? Apologies if this caused you any offence. I see you deleted it anyway.
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
revdev

Post by revdev »

Nemo wrote: Alternatively I can type my Facebook link starting with www or my website; again starting with www. Both these methods would bring up a link with a preview. This is effectively an advert for my business & that's what's frowned upon by dedicated facebookers!
This is what I tend to do, however when the preview pane comes up you can delete the preview advert (definitely a no-no leaving that there), and just leave the link, so its easy to find for a reciprocal "like".
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I think unless you really use facebook a lot and understand the intricacies, it's very difficult to explain without seeing a visual.

revdev, if you post a status on a page wall and it includes your link, you cannot remove the preview. Fortunately most of the time, when people do that they often end in peoples spam folders and there they stay. No-one will generally get your link out of spam. That is very much an advert for your business and is not recommended etiquette wise. Unless specifically asked or it's appropriate to do so, you should never link your facebook page or website to another page, using a www link.

However if you post a link in a comment then the preview can be removed. I still don't recommend you post a link unless asked.

Tagging is far subtler; is not regarded as an advert and simply identifies who you are without any pictures. It is nothing to do with twitter within this context of fb. To tag you do not type in the www prefix of your page. On a computer, you use @ and then type your page name. Fb will then bring up your page name and automatically insert it so that all you see is the name of your page in blue letters.

I will happily post on someone's page if anyone wants to see and understand the difference, although I may end up in spam anyway!