SwapandStay dot com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
e-richard

SwapandStay dot com

Post by e-richard »

Now here is a new listing site that seems on the face of it to be worth a second glance.

Their model is really aimed at us holiday home owners who may want to visit another place and swap our homes with other rental owners.

I found the site quite easy to use, navigate and add a listing.

The first 1000 registrations are free (there are about 380+ still left), but thereafter the annual fee of £50 (GBP) may limit the growth of the site.

Note: I have no affiliation, and this is not advertising !
Mind you, I did have the same idea some 2 years ago, and started building a website, but never got it off the ground, so I do have some faith in the idea/concept. My guess is this one is not unique either - but is quite well put togather.
kevincohr

Post by kevincohr »

There are several others around
( escapeswap.com , onlinehomeexchange.com , tradetotravel.com , thevacationexchange.com ) , although I have no personal experience and have not evaluated them in any detail.

Has anyone experience of using any of these ?

Regards,

Kevin
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

e-richard
What's the site? I've tried variations on swopandstay
Goat
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mountain Goat, it's swapandstay.com
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thanks. No dictionary here. In real life is it swap or swop? I'm cracking.

I have to say I'm personally highly allergic to having to go through all that sign-up stuff, giving all that personal contact info. to some outfit where you can't even see what they're offering or the price they're charging.

Goat
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mountain Goat, it's free of charge at the moment, simply a site for owners to swap with other owners. May even bring you a booking or a holiday somewhere else.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Completely forgot that I'd registered on this site, and searching for Switzerland on their database, found ourselves.

Interesting idea, but deafening silence. Anyone had any nibbles?

Goat
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I had a guy asking for a swap for a place in Canada (Canmore), it would have been great for the skiing, but the flights were too expensive.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I had a guy wanting to swap for Canada as well!! Can't remember where though, so at least someone ( Canadian) looks at them. Not had anything since. Oh, just remembered. He wanted a peak fortnight but said we couldn't have any summer weeks as that's when he raised most of his revenue!! Hmm, doesn't seem quite fair somehow?
ashtondav

Post by ashtondav »

I'm on holswap/villavacations. I think it only costs £24 a year.

A couple of years ago we enjoyed a lovely 7 days in a huge villa in Carmel Valley, California.

We also get rental bookings from them

Tudor
www.frigiliana-apartment.com
Sometimes i sits and thinks - and sometimes i just sits...
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Fraise, it sounds like the same guy, as I also asked to swap for mid-February which is also peak ski time, and he wasn't too happy, but wanted July/early August. I eventually said I would consider it if I had any vacancies left by the end of June. His place looked gorgeous though.