Some site feedback please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
annedab

Some site feedback please

Post by annedab »

OK, deep breath, here goes (dons suit of armour :wink:) Any feedback most welcome.

www.chasselas.promotemyplace.com
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Well...

This is the first time I have reviewed a website and don't have a single comment to make, apart from the fact that it looks gorgeous and I wish I could come.

Well done! Lovely!
:D

EDIT:
OMG Anne, I've just realised that you've only just moved there! It looks like you've been there forever! How have you managed to get this together so quickly? I'm stunned. :D
lorca

Post by lorca »

More, better quality, bigger pictures please!

I do get the impression they´re lovely properties though. But I´m sure you´re not doing them justice with so few photos.
If not now, when?
pizza-salsa

Post by pizza-salsa »

hello Anne
great properties, like the website, you have a variety of accommodation looks like you've made the most of the space.
Some comments
front page, it refers to Sandiego di Compostella
should it not be Santiago de Compostela?

B&B - is there a TV in each room?

BBQ, you mention the weekly BBQ on several pages, I presume there is an additional charge for this? should you put how much it is so that people know? or indicate weekly BBQ provided by the owners for a small additional charge per person.

The pricing section states that bedlinen and kitchen towels are included, but does not mention bathroom towels? do guests have to bring their own?

Local Area section - I would put some LINKS to the destinations or the activities or towns which you mention

hope this helps, your property looks great.
Pmagowan

Post by Pmagowan »

Looks great. The only thing I would echo is the need for more high quality pictures. Otherwise very good.
Circé

Post by Circé »

Fine as far as it goes, but lacking:
a decent location map, it didn't expand when I click on it
a plan showing juxtaposition of all your elements
photos of the pool & the grounds

Does one 10x5 pool serve both your gites, all the campers & caravanners &nd the B&B?

Pets allowed or not?
annedab

Post by annedab »

Thanks for the feedback everyone - really helpful to have.

NC, we haven't even moved there yet - we sign the final papers on Friday. We have been holed up in Normandy since November - with no internet (unless we go to the library or McD's) - so yes I am pretty pleased with having got something together. The photos are the ones used by the previous owners, so yes, they are definitely on the agenda for a revamp ASAP.

Will resubmit once I have taken everything on board, but the next few days will be a whirl of removal frenzy so it may take a while..... Thanks again everyone!
Regards

Anne

casagentili

Post by casagentili »

Hi Anne,

oveall website is well organized and clean, of course I'll point out only what I consider negative points, hoping that this helps

Double menu: the one at the bottom immediately recalled me the action to check if it's something different from the one on top, and of course it's not; so I'm unhappy do do something worthless. I'd remove the bottom menu

Left column pictures: I think a larger photo of each single image would be better than proposing once more the three small one all together

Google map: it's not clicable: I guess every user would expect to clic, enlarge it and zoom in and out

Rate table: may be improved by breaking the different accommodation types, as it is may be difficoult to focus on a specific accommodation.
Marco
passionate with historical gardens
casagentili.com
Pmagowan

Post by Pmagowan »

I have to agree exactly about the double menu, I also went to the top of the page to check they were the same. I think menus are such a standard part of a website now that people expect to find them where they always are and it is confusing to find them elsewhere, like a car parked in the kitchen!
annedab

Post by annedab »

Thanks for that - I totally agree about the menu - once I have added some more pages/links, then they will sit in the footer - but until I do this the template defaults to repeating the menu at the bottom :?
Regards

Anne

delilah

Post by delilah »

Hi, I think you need a gallery page with professional photography, and some "styling" . I think prof photos are worth their weight in gold. good luck, hilary
whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't....you're right
www.anchoragemewsmersea.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/AnchorageMewsHo ... age?ref=hl
Damien Meuzac

Post by Damien Meuzac »

Good job on your website ;) A really good start

Well first thing, I would make the list on Choose from: clickable with links to each pages (B&B, La maison, etc...) but make it simple, for example with the words changing colors when you hover over, so it doesn't have to be something bold.

Even though you have a contact us link, not everyone clicks it, so it important to have contact details on the front page. (At the bottom, small but not too small and top right, even big if you want)

The BBQ and extra cots are for free or extra costs? Either one or the other, you need to mention it.

I don't know it's my computer screen that's not HD, but I would suggest you try out some other fonts to make it look better (but I would rather have some other people comment on that to see if it's just me)

I feel that the photos at the top behind the menu should be of better quality.

Tips for when you add you pictures, if you haven't done it already: stage the pictures and take them from professionals, skilled amateurs (if you can't afford it, try batering for some free nights ;) ) But it's really worth it as it's the number 1 thing that sells.

And maybe to a video also, again from professional or even art students who might to something very interesting and creative (maybe organize a contest for the students, and the best team gets one week free or so ;) )
Damien Collot

www.meusacrentals.com
annedab

Post by annedab »

Thanks again all. Yes, new photos are top of the list (along with floor plans, french translations etc) I prefer to think of it as a horizontal rather than vertical list :D It's snowing here today so whilst that might work well for Damien's lovely pics, I think I'll have to wait for something better resembling summer!
Regards

Anne