Google Authorship

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
la vache!

Google Authorship

Post by la vache! »

So, how many of you are using Google Authorship for your websites, or have an opinion on the importance of it for SEO ranking?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Apparently it is very important now...
paolo

Post by paolo »

It's not just for blogs?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Not sure - but many of us have blogs on our websites to help with SEO so in that case it is relevant?
Pmagowan

Post by Pmagowan »

I have had a go with this and rich snippets on my site but found it quite hard to impliment. Their events highlighter through webmaster tools seems easier if you have an events page. i'm sure I will get there eventually.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I think it can take weeks, or even months, for it to show, once it is working. I agree is can be a pain to implement. According to the rich snippets testing tool mine is all OK now, but nothing is showing yet.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Update - mine is working now - only took 4 days. If anyone wants to see how google authorship looks on a google search, then google 'la haute manceliere' ...
Damien Meuzac

Post by Damien Meuzac »

Awesome la vache!

If you could give some tips on how you did it, which websites you got your info, where are the difficulties, I think I'm not the only one that would appreciate it ;)
Damien Collot

www.meusacrentals.com
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I've done it but don't seem to be showing up. I couldn't get my profile photo to change, but it worked today and I also finished my profile. Not sure if not having finished that is what stopped it showing up before. I'll just have to wait and see I suppose.