Advertising in Vogue Magazine?

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Little Villa

Advertising in Vogue Magazine?

Post by Little Villa »

We've just had this 'enquiry' (pasted below) offering advertising in April Vogue magazine. Has anyone had any experience of this? Thanks.

Email: classvogue@condenast.co.uk
Telephone: 020 7152 3746
Date sent: 09:26 GMT 5th Feb 2013

Hello, I hope this email finds you well. I would like to invite your stunning villa to feature in our April 2013 issue of British Vogue Magazine in our exclusive Travel catalogue. The April issue is our covetable collection launch edition, which goes on sale early March. It is the perfect time to inspire our readers who will be planning holidays and mini breaks for the year ahead. We are hand-picking the most luxurious travel companies, villas and resorts from some of the most desirable holiday locations to recommend to our 1.1 million readers – 70% who are in the ABC1’s demographic. Our affluent, fashion-savvy readers therefore have disposable income to spend on luxurious holidays, always prioritising the most stylish accommodation and destinations. Vogue readers collectively spent £453 million on their last holiday, more than readers of any other premium glossy magazine in the UK! The cost to be involved completely depends on which size advert you favour - we have 3 different size slots available on our travel catalogue page. I am able to offer you the following reduced rates; 6cm x 1 column = £330+VAT (reduced from £894+VAT rate card) 12cm x 1 column = £660 +VAT (reduced from £1,788+VAT rate card) 12cm x 2 columns (1/4 page) = £1320 +VAT (reduced from £3,576+VAT rate card) 1 column = 4.8cm Your advert will also be available on the downloadable version of Vogue Magazine on the iPad, Zinnio and Kindle We always recommend advertising little and often to breed great response and thus we also offer further discounts for those looking to advertise in 3 or more issues– please see these discounts below: 3 months = 5% discount 6 months = 10% discount 12 months – 15% discount You will not be invoiced until each issue you feature in goes on sale. All we ask for is a high resolution colour image approx 300dpi and we can create your artwork for you free of charge. You will not be invoiced until the magazine goes on sale on 11th March and you will have a further 30 days to pay. If you would like any further details, have any questions or would like to reserve a space in our April issue please pop over an email or give me a call, it will be a pleasure to hear from you. Kindest regards, Suzie Vogue Sales Executive Vogue House, Hanover Square, London W1S 1JU Tel: 0207 152 3746 www.vogue.com
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

That's a years advertising budget for many people, blown in one 6cm x 1column advert, in one publication with a limited shelf life. I wouldn't call that a feature would you? :?

Are Vogue magazine readers your likely guests? Do you have hundreds, or even thousands, of pounds in your advertising budget? :shock:
ilovedogs

Post by ilovedogs »

Usually, when we receive emails from magazines wanting to feature our villas on their mag, it really is a 'featured listing' meaning, we just provide a press release, fact sheet and photos, they'll do the rest. We dont need to pay anything but then again, it's up to them whether they will post it or not.

The email that was sent to you is a straight advertising request. And unless you have allocated ad budget and their readers are your target market, would recommend against spending that much.
Annew

Post by Annew »

I'm not sure that Vogue is somewhere I'd look when trying to find self-catering accommodation, even a luxury villa! Do your guests fit the ABC1 profile (not sure I get many A's - even my VIP's are not A's)

The only publication I've ever experimented with was The Lady and the response from that ad was dismal.

Probably the amount of money Vogue want for their single column ads would be better spent on more targetted advertising.
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

We actually had someone from Vogue (Management team) stay at ours...with friends. My experience - very high maintenance. Though I was impressed with the list of 'famous' friends she has on FB :wink:

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Little Villa

Post by Little Villa »

Thank you all for your replies and your interesting comments. No, we haven’t got lots of money to spare! We did have a good experience a few years ago with Good Housekeeping and that’s what made me stop to read their message.
rclark

Post by rclark »

I'd go with getting a highly related blogger to come stay perhaps..Vogue can be very expensive with no way of knowing the returns.