Review My Website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Damien Meuzac

Post by Damien Meuzac »

I have to agree with the others, perfect on the simple/fresh appearance (I'm actually jealous, trying the same with ours ;) ).

Homepage is really good.

So where do I have critics:

1) About Miner's page:

The welcome information package that you send (great idea by the way ;) ), I would suggest that you make it a pdf. Super easy in the latest words (just save as --> pdf).

2) In the gallery, when clicking on a picture, it takes loads time to load. I don't know if it's just me, if it isn't, consider reducing the ... quality I think of the pictures... well something so they take less memory

Also, I like that you have made some efforts to do some staging for the pictures. But I suggest you'd go for some professional pictures (as I've advised others, either you pay for the service or offer free nights in exchange ;) )

3) I agree that details on the website such as for how many people, how big is the house would be great. Instead of having to go all the way to the information pack to find it.

4) Contact page

- I would put a sentence above with some kind of downpointing arrow saying something in the range of: "2nd form at the end of the page for simple enquiries!" Maybe even post this form before the booking form.
- Having contact info (such as phone) more prominent on the website is very important (such as having phone number on top right of website)
- I'm an international traveler, putting your phone number with country extension in front would be useful ;)
Damien Collot

www.meusacrentals.com
mandyjm

Review My Website

Post by mandyjm »

Thanks very much for the constructive comments, and positive feedback too. All valid points and really helpful in fine-tuning our site. I'll tackle the easy ones first, then ask our web designer to look at the hard stuff.

All I now need to do is get the website to go viral :!:

Once again, thanks for your comments.

Best Wishes

Mandy
Roz

Miner's Cottage

Post by Roz »

Hi! I really like this one! Very clean and clear and the main image is stunning.

It looks like you have already taken on board the feedback from others and made changes, which is pretty impressive! I don't really have much to add. I agree with others that the clickable nature of the "cosy cottage", "stunning scenery" is confusing.

I'm not sure I'd include the picture of the off road parking bay. I don't see that it is necessary and it's so much less attractive than all the other photos!

I hope this helps. Overall I really like it!

Roz
http://www.pendletoncottage.co.uk/
HoneypotCottages

Post by HoneypotCottages »

I like your website, it has a really nice feel to it.

Judging by your bookings for 2013, that's the consensus of the guests too 8)

Andy
Andy Smith