How are your Bookings looking for summer 2006?

For topics that are specific to Turkey, please go here.
ck

How are your Bookings looking for summer 2006?

Post by ck »

Hi to all Turkish property owners,
Just wodered how everybody's bookings are coming along for the summer 2006 season. Ours are a little(!!!!) slow. Look forward to any feedback what so ever as the Turkey area of LMH has'nt had any postings for a long time. Our apartment is in Bodrum, would appreciate any input from other Bodrum owners.
Look forward to hearing from you all.
Regards,
ck
paulnet

Post by paulnet »

Hi CK,
It does seem that bookings are a litttle slower this year probably down to Bird Flu etc,but we have had a little flurry recently - its a good thing people soon forget theses scare stories.
On the plus side some of Turkeys beautifull small resorts may remain undiscovered by the mass tourist hordes a little longer.
Paulnet.
ck

Re-Turkish Bookings

Post by ck »

Hi Paulnet,
Thanks for the speedy reply. What mediums do you use to promote your property and which do you find to be the best. I notice you don't have a website address (or have you not entered the url in your personal details?) How long have you had the property and what percentage of the season do you have it booked for this year?
Regards,
ck
paulnet

Post by paulnet »

Hi CK,
We find that bookings come from a variety of rental sites .Their performance seems to vary from year to year.Last year villa vacations did well- this year nothing! Holiday lettings is doing well this year.The more sites you're on the better.
We are about 60% booked up this year but hopefully we shall get a few more as the season goes on.
Another factor which may be affecting bookings is the shear number of rental properties now available in Turkey it seems to be ever increasing .Will the market become saturated?
Paulnet
ck

Post by ck »

Hi again Paulnet,
Thanks for the input. We're listed on a handfull of rental sites but enquiries have been dissapointing to say the least. We were rather hoping to get in on the "ground floor" on the turkish rental front before saturation (like spain) occured, I still see this as being some way off though. It appears that there are still a high percentage of holiday renters that don't yet consider Turkey to be a viable holiday destination. (foolish really as Turkey has so much to offer including the fact that Turkey is not yet part of euro-land and consequentley that means your pound goes so much farther!)
We're getting on average 20-30 visitors on the site daily but we don't seem to be able to convert these into bookings with any regularity. I just don't know what the secret formula is! But I'll keep hunting until I find it!
Regards,
ck