Guest Info Pack - what do you include?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
LeanneA

Guest Info Pack - what do you include?

Post by LeanneA »

Just starting to compile a Welcome/Info Pack to leave for guests and curious what you put in yours and if there is anything else I may have forgotten.

I have a brief list of "do's and dont's" - nothing too onerous, but info on parking, where to put rubbish/recycling, a reminder of check-out time and what to do with keys at the end etc. I have listed useful numbers - Dr, Dentist etc, together with my own contact numbers for reporting faults and problems.

I'm also including all the instructions manuals for the various appliances etc (copies not originals), an inventory on where to find everything in the property and explaining a few quirks like the bathroom light pull-switch which isn't actually in the bathroom!!!!

Then I have "cut and paste" some history of the area from a local website. I am collating all the local tourist info leaflets and brochures I can find to put in an accompanying box file, and will be printing off a local town map, and some menus for the local pubs and restaurants from their respective websites.

Can you suggest anything else please?
fredarth

Post by fredarth »

During the long months of waiting for the builders to finish I have put together an information book for guests. It contains details of hospitals chemists, churches, safe beaches (blue flag) horse racing, dog racing, freshwater and sea fishing venues and boat hire, places of interest, cycle hire, routes of walks, shops, post offices, ATMs. Perhaps I have gone a little "OTT" but I sat and thought "If I was new here, on holiday what could I need to know?" I don't allow animals but what about an emergency vet?
Hope this helps.
marsh frog

Post by marsh frog »

We have all that you have but also include where to find local grocery stores together with their opening times - some don't open on Sundays for example.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/marshviewcottage
If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air....
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

We make some suggestions here which might be useful:
http://www.countryholidaylets.co.uk/abo ... elcomePack

Many people now use the internet for local information, but there is something comforting when it is clear that owners have made the effort.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting