Web cams on websites?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »

very few are done well without warped walls and curved ceilings
Yes this is caused by taking too few pictures in a 360 degree axis. I recommend 10-12 for a smooth, high quality finish. Remember to always optimise your images to keep the final size to a minimum
QTVR's were all the rage a few years ago but people, timed starved and on information overload are increasingly looking for quick accessible information, jumping from one site to another.
I agree to a certain extent, however they are an excellent addition to traditional photos and enrich the experience for the user IMO.
I was also considering the more cheapskate option of taking the photos and stitching them together myself (this isn't hard if you know what you're doing in photoshop, and there are some programs that do it for you very well if you don't )
good idea, but you will achieve lacklustre results compared to QTVR or the REALVIZ java applet which use algorithms to match images ultra smoothly.
Or making the panorama myself in Flash - this may or may not be something you can do.
Yes you can do that for sure,however you will need to program some sort of horizontal scrolling system in actionscript to pan round the panorama . Im sure you could download some free versions from hotscripts and modify them.

In conclusion, I would say panoramas are a great enrichment for potential customers looking to get a 'feel' for the property. Not a first port of call for judging a property, but definetely a deal clincher if done properly by someone who knows what they are doing.

Of course you could always video the property and put up snippets of views from around the area in flash or in traditional video formats!

phew, Dave

:D
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »

pm sent to you mountain goat...

:D
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thanks, but nothing received....
Goat
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »