Promote My Place?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Mouse

Promote My Place?

Post by Mouse »

I've finally got my derriere in gear and set up my own website using PMP (thanks for the tip!)

I've just gone to 'pay' and it asks for a discount code so before I do I wondered if anyone out there had one I use either to benefit you or myself.

cheers!
Jx
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mouse, you can use mine. Cham10.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

thanks Helen - you're a star!

Mousie
x
p.s. I can't believe how easy it was to set up! now I've got to tweak it and get some decent photos.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Really easy isn't it !!
annedab

Post by annedab »

...and their customer service is excellent - very quick to respond, and sometimes I have e mailed them, gone back to my site and seen that somebody there has sorted the problem for me :D As I set up my site while we were holed up in Normandy without any internet access other than the library, this was beyond helpful!
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
NeatandPicky

PMP mobile friendly site

Post by NeatandPicky »

PMP have added a feature that enables you to have a mobile-friendly version of your site. Just log on and tick the option. V pleased with ours!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

yes I noticed that! Also they've added a system allowing online bookings...but I'm still not convinced that's the way to go for us, although they are saying 54% of people prefer to book that way.

Mouse
x
tavi

Post by tavi »

I saw that too, Mouse.

Since the on-line booking is a paid service I can't help thinking that the so-called statistics need to be in their favour.

I'm not remotely convinced by this, and in any case guests are booking online aren't they? A few email questions, an email reservation, and payment by internet bank transfer. Done! :)

Other than that, think PMP are great and can't recommend them highly enough. (Just don't want their online booking option)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

If anyone decides to go with online booking, you can still add PIMS to PMP very easily, there is no need to go with their Supercontrol option.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Helen - out of interest...what % of your guests book online? Also...do you ever hear from them; i.e. they contact you to ask questions after they book? Or do they book, pay and turn up and that's that.

Just wondering if there's any follow on interaction that allows you to 'build up a relationship' with them.

Mouse (pondering)
x
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mouse, most will contact me first before booking, but repeat guests usually just use the online booking if their dates are available. About 40% book online, but will usually have questions in their booking forms that need answering, and they do receive I can assure you that we still build up a relationship with them before they arrive. I rarely if ever have anyone just book, pay and turn up, and I have returned deposits paid online when I did not consider the booking to be suitable (usually adding extra guests to the booking notes to make it over-occupied).
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Thanks Helen. I sort of thought that might be the case so great to have your insight.
Booking a rental property is quite personal I think. I'd hate to lose the chance to build a relaitionship given we're on site.

Mouse (still pondering)
x
Nigel Goodwin

down

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

Anybody else finding PMP server is down, has been for most of the day? Not good.
Last edited by Nigel Goodwin on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Down for me too. Oh dear. Presumably not routine maintenance as they strike me as the sort of people who would warn us in advance. Sunday a popular day for looking too...
booboo

Post by booboo »

Yep! Ours is down too! Have sent them a message on FB a little while ago, just waiting now on a response.