Twitter accounts

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Lindisfarne

Thanks for the info.

For the life of me I don't understand the attraction - what's it for? What's the benefit to a holiday rental, if any?

I understand forums like LMH, great information and help from experienced owners - needs no explanation.

Blogs - good advertising tool for a business if you can be bothered to keep it up-to-date.

Facebook - from a business perspective I can see why it may help, for individuals I can see the benefits for keeping in touch with remote family and friends.

But Twitter - just seems to me to be a complete and utter waste of time and space. Maybe I'm missing something, I'm a very experienced IT professional with a deep understanding of technology and the benefits it can bring to individuals and businesses. I enjoy the internet and think it's a wonderful tool. Social media has it's benefits, albeit, more hype than reality. But Twitter - it just seems to be a public email system with a limited number of characters and no benefits at all!
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

Essar

Fair enough those are your thoughts

I agree Twitter can take up time however I get lots of enquiries and a limited number of bookings from it - More than any other social media outlet

A pal of mine spends more time that me on it and get stacks of bookings from it most of whom are now repeat guests

Take it or leave it but it's free so I use it to my advantage

@LindisfarneCott
:)
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Good to hear it's led to bookings Lindisfarne. I honestly don't think I can devote the time I need to it, but I will just plug away quietly every now and again and see if that does anything in the long run.

How do you ascertain twitter bookings? Are they literally tweeting you requests or are you tracking through your website?
booboo

Post by booboo »

I did set up a twitter account a long time ago and would have no idea how to find it now!

For me for now Facebook is enough, I can cope with spending more time on the net in the winter but come spring I am outdoors..

:) My hat is off to all of you who work so hard at getting booking...
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

Hi Nemo -
Traffic is driven to the website and guests comment about Tweeting etc. or they message you openly for all to see or via a DM Direct Message

I am a novice but my pal has a terrific booking rate via Twitter - I honestly don't know how he does it but he thanks them for booking openly and you can view the conversation. Many of them repeat book !

His cottage rates are less than ours and I think that contributes but Twitter really does work for some

There are many LMH'ers who use Twitter much more than me !

With regard to Facebook I have a very poor rate of return however as we all know one thing suits some but not all
:)
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

onestep

Post by onestep »

Well you've all inspired me, & I'm now on twitter in a professional capacity (I've been using it personally for quite a while). Who knew there was a #HerefordHour ?? Have made some useful contacts already :D

@ThalassaHoliday

I've tried to keep up with the thread & am following those who have posted their @...
elena

Post by elena »

We have
Facebook
Twitter
Tumblr
Google+
Pinterest
and our blog Tales from our Dordogne Gites

Spend far too much time (and not nearly enough time) on social media and only really use Facebook. This is very slowly working its way up now with friends of people who have liked us now liking us too and joining in the conversation.

The other stuff is set up waiting for the rare day when I will find time to start working and understanding them properly. All I do just now is copy the FB posts to the other sites but I don't link them and I don't even use FB to its full advantage.

I have tried but I really don't have the time ..... I am almost embarrassed at my meagre attempts & envy other people's interesting & witty blogs and newsy pages & do live in hope of the day I'll break through the social media barrier!!

Until then I'll be listening and learning ....!

Elena
Dordogne holiday cottages
Tales from our Dordogne gites
keep in touch with Les Crouquets on Facebook
follow us on pinterest