Using Facebook more effectively

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
onestep

Post by onestep »

Thank you tchn for this - I'm playing catch up here but am totally converted to Facebook as a useful tool. We've just today taken our first booking through our Facebook page :D
I've got to sort out a booking form & T&Cs now! Thank goodness for LMH ..
aasta

Post by aasta »

Thanks for all the tips...very helpful, especially since, I still do not grasp the purpose of FB...but if it bringing in booking for some of you.......
aasta
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Aasta

I think, for me, the purpose of facebook is it is an extremely easy place to add photos, and have your blog posts automatically added to etc. It means that future guests can start to get an idea of what your place and area is about. I am still waiting for an elusive facebook booking, but I am now giving it more serious effort, in terms of trying to build up an audience. Then at the end of this month I will do 3 promote my posts (cost £4) with my availability for each property, and this way they will be sent to friends (those that have liked) and friends of friends, and I am hopeful that it might lead to some bookings.

If I remember correctly you have an eco B&B (your link doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment). So you could really add little posts (say once a week or so) about the way you do that, what it means to you, what's coming up in the garden, whatever really. It is about creating engagement with your current and future clients I think.

I like the way that you can do cheap, short term campaigns and you can really measure the results, without spending 100s of euros to be treated like idiots by some of the listing sites.

Clearly this is just my point of view, but anything to get away from my reliance on the big boys really.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Do just take care on the promoted post issue. I've heard of numerous people who's first post was brilliant with a really good reach. Subsequent promotions had dismal reach. I'm sure some must do well, or people wouldn't keep parting with their money, but proceed with caution.
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

wallypott wrote:the purpose of facebook is it is an extremely easy place to add photos, and have your blog posts automatically added to
How is that possible Wallypot? Could you please explain?
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I use wordpress and you have the choice to share your posts with one of your pages automatically. Mine is automatically linked to my Normandie Rentals facebook page. Failing that you can type (copy & paste) the URL of the blog post into the status window of facebook and it will appear, as if by magic!!

I am currently running a facebook campaign (as previously mentioned) to get more likes and it seems to be going fairly will at about 15 likes a day with a €2 budget. I am actually running 2 one in English, very poor result, and one in French with very good results.

I was thinking of doing a promote my post for availability at the end of the month, but I am considering testing one out now, just to see what happens. I could try doing something for one property for April and see what happens.

Like Nemo some promotes seem to be very successful; others less. Videos seem to work really well.
Tizfata

Post by Tizfata »

wallypott wrote:I use wordpress
OK, I use blogger, that is why! Thank you!
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression