freetobook

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
limousin-cottage

freetobook

Post by limousin-cottage »

Is it possible for some kind soul to quickly check the freetobook book now link I have just put on my website please? Just so I know I've done it correctly and more importantly, it works! Thanks.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Um....maybe I am being stupid. I enter a date and it shows at the top. It looks available on your calendar (although some dates are not available) but it says 'no prices have been entered for the date shown' so I am not going anywhere.

I am going from the 'Book Now' click thing on the details page. I have just discovered a Pay Now button on another page so i am a bit confused as the availability page would seem to be missing prices (although I can find them on your pricing page).
limousin-cottage

Naw, it's probably me being stupid, not you. Am I the only one who can't work out how to correctly fill in the freetobook availability calendar?

I also have a Paypal Pay Now button - which I was going to do away with if I could correctly set up freetobook! Ho-Hum! :?
limousin-cottage

Weirdly - there is a yellow selected date already on for Aug 1st, and the option to select that date to book - so something must be working correctly.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Yes found exactly the same as you both. No prices until you get to Aug 1st, but you have to select Aug 1st; no other options are given, but then it takes me through to entering my details.
Essar

Post by Essar »

I am also a user of FTB>

Have you ensured that the availability/diary is the correct one for self-catering properties; the default offering when you register is for hotels/B&Bs and will not work properly for s/c?

If you have then I found it took me a little time to get to grips with the pricing structure.

As you only charge a weekly rate the chart will be easier to use; you need to select your preferences as 7-day only (under availability - Amend Block Durations).
No need to complete the pricing for dates already booked.
Enter the weekly rate applicable for the arrival dates you want to use - if you are Saturday to Saturday only then you only enter the weekly rate on every Saturday it applies to. If you are flexible and accept any arrival day then enter the rate in each day it applies to.
If you have a fixed arrival day in high-season then miss out the interim days of the week entries, make sure that the previous week that has flexible dates can't run into your fixed week weeks by missing out the later days.
For example:-
If you have a flexible arrival date 1st March to 30th June then your would enter your 200 rental in every day of the week that you allow arrivals.
If you have a Sat to Sat only between 1st July to 31st Aug then you would enter your 280 rental in every Saturday only.
Tip: If entering the same rate on every Saturday, select the first Sat it applies to and enter the 280, then click every following Sat that the same rate applies to and then click the "a" under the first Sat containing the rate and all the others will be automatically filled in. Save after each update before selecting other days with different rates.
No need to fill in 14, 21, 28 days etc as FTB will use your 7-day rate to auto calculate.
I use 3,4,5,6,7 rates including short break options for out of peak and 7 for peak. Look at my site to see how this works.

I find FTB very useful as another options for guests, I have had 7 guests use it so far, all without a hitch.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
limousin-cottage

Wow thanks! I will tackle all of that in the morning. Sounds straightforward enough!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I must be really stupid, I can't see any buttons to book anything , only the normal Iowners page.
(Google Chrome on Windows 8)
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Nor me, Helen, on same configuration. I've just got a static calendar on the availability page.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Can someone tell me if they are using this instead of, or as well as PIMS? It looks like it would be good to add to my facebook page - but has anyone done this?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

There's no button. It's somewhat hidden in the details page under the link book now.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Ah yes. Found it.

But if neither Helen or I managed to find it I wonder how many guests might not either????????? Wouldn't it be better replacing the static availability calendar?

But I also have the August 1st thing that others found.
Essar

Post by Essar »

There are several ways to use FTB widgets on your own site including the "Book Now" link that Limousin-cottage uses.
I use a link on my home page in the right-hand column - this calendar selection widget is for both properties, the ones on the individual property information pages are just for that property. There are several different button types to link from or you can make up your own and substitute your logo in the widget code. You can also set up the follow-on screens to match your colour schemes and even add your own logo banner to emails and documents.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Ok, I have eventually found it, but it was very well hidden. If I was trying to book the place I would have given up. Calendar shows booked dates, but I can't select available ones. Sat July 13th says no rates have been entered.
booboo

Post by booboo »

I couldn't find it either :?