Use of Google +

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
MGrolys

Use of Google +

Post by MGrolys »

I have decided this year to make an effort to have a presence on social media sites Facebook, Google +, Twitter along with my own personal website.

I am currently working on Google + and was wondering if any other people have created pages and how easy are they finding it to getting followed.

Am Happy to follow other people to get your +1 numbers up

Any tips and pointers would be appreciated.

Michael
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Not yet, but those are exactly the lines I am thinking along. I am active on facebook, have just opened a twitter account and will be getting to Google + in due course.

I believe e-richard has a presence on Google plus, but other than that don't know.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I'm on Google+.

Post by Guest »

HelenB - I am now following you
MGrolys

Post by MGrolys »

Helen - I should have logged in first
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

That sounded a bit creepy - when I read 'guest' - " I am now following you". I gather that was you, Mgrolys!

I added a google+ widget to my PMP website, really not knowing what I was doing and nobody has ever 'plused' me. The only reason I have 1 plus is because I pressed the button myself to see what would happen! Should I be begging all you nice googlers to plus me?

If I plus you back, what happens - do you see someone's name or what?? Sorry to be so clueless. I haven't done the whole Facebook/twitter thing either although I joined facebook years ago to see what my children were up to and it has been useful to ask HL questions.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Dear God.

Don't tell me I have to do yet more social networking. :!:

My head is spinning just with a website, a Fb page, two properties, three listing sites, and a day job.

I've just got back from checking in some new guests and still have two damage deposits to return, & another guest has requested some driving instructions.

My children haven't been fed for weeks.

:shock: :D
Windy

Post by Windy »

I'm a bit ambivalent about G+

On the one hand it has potential benefits for SEO simply because it's Google.

On the other hand it doesn't seem to have penetrated people's day t day life like Facebook and there is only so much social media stuff you can do.

Does anyone feel G+ is really worth while?

Here's my G+ page just in case :-)

Post by Guest »

FelicityA, that was me. To build a network of people one needs followers as per facebook, so it's the same sort of requesting that's required.

Windy, I feel the same as you as regards Google +. I am not going to invest too much time into it, Life is too short to spend all my life posting on Social media, but it is important to Google and hence comes with the added benefit of being included in Google searches. So I think it is worth a small investment.

There are one or two people advertising Self Catering Accommodation though, so will see how it progresses over time. I have chatted to a couple and it appears they have generated a small amount of business out of the Google + pages, but the key way seems to be Google Ad's (too expensive for me).

There are extensions to Chrome which allow one to post on Google + and it auto posts on to Facebook and Twitter (simplifies life). It can't be done the other way around yet, Google+ has to be the poster.

This is what I have learnt in a couple of days using it.
MGrolys

Post by MGrolys »

The guest post was from me MGrolys
katz

Post by katz »

I am trying Google + too, happy to follow anyone who shares their profile - still haven't figured out what I am doing but I guess it will click one day!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/106259796233371166822/posts
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I have added Katz and McGrolys to my Google+ circles.
Windy you are already in my circle, and Helen B I've added you.
Here is mine - I'd appreciate being added to any circles as I think there is benefit in SEO too (as with google authorship)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/104412467681114162970/posts

Merci!
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I think I have added you all but apart from KC there doesn't seem to be much activity. I think it's probably another one of those things I have failed to grasp yet.
revdev

Post by revdev »

Just had another read of this thread, as I'm really throwing some energy into G+ at the moment.

There were a few people on this thread that I hadn't added/followed so if PTVillas pops up on your page then " Hello from me :) ". I have done my best to +1, share and comment on some of your posts - every little bit helps!

While researching the best way to gain traction with G+, I came across a number of blogs all with useful snippets of info. This is one, hope it helps a little! http://www.blogtyrant.com/google-plus-tips/
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
GRL

Post by GRL »

I now this is an old post Nemo but that link no linger works as gplus.to does not appear to exist any more.
Last edited by GRL on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.